Things got emotional in Week 10, and for good reason.
NFL players and fans formally saluted and thanked the military as Veterans Day weekend concluded. One of the league’s young stars returned to the sideline after a grueling road back from injury. And we found out the heartbreaking reason why one 49er wide receiver was so overwhelmed after scoring a touchdown.
Here’s a look at the top five highlights from Shutdown Corner on Sunday:
5) The Broncos were horrific on special teams Sunday night against the Patriots. It’s not looking good for rookie head coach Vance Joseph. [Denver in full meltdown mode]
4) There are $750,000 worth of reasons why Adrian Clayborn is happy he beat the hell out of the Cowboys’ offensive line and Dak Prescott. [Falcon shows how much Cowboys miss Zeke Elliott and Tyron Smith]
3) The CFL is giving the Steelers some competition in the TD celebration game. [THIS is how you limbo in the end zone after scoring]
2) Much of the NFL community got a little misty-eyed in seeing how grateful and happy Teddy Bridgewater was in being back, in uniform, on the Vikings’ sideline. [Tears of joy for Bridgewater]
1) Via social media, the 49ers’ Marquise Goodwin shared a family tragedy that weighed on his heart. [Goodwin plays hours after his baby dies]