Document highlights Vertiv efforts around energy- and water-efficiency, DE&I, safety, and other ESG activities
COLUMBUS, Ohio, June 28, 2022--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Vertiv (NYSE: VRT), a global provider of critical digital infrastructure and continuity solutions, today released its inaugural environmental, social and governance (ESG) report, the company’s first public report of its ESG activities.
The report outlines Vertiv’s approach to energy and water efficiency; diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I); employee health and safety; and other ESG-related topics. The content covered in the report serves as a baseline upon which the organization will build future efforts.
"We all know how critical connectivity is to our daily lives and the global economy. The world’s appetite for data continues to rise, and our solutions keep data systems on and connected. At the same time, we recognize the current and potential impacts of climate change," said Rob Johnson, Vertiv CEO. "We are seeking to meet the growing demand for critical digital infrastructure, and simultaneously mitigate environmental impacts from our operations and products. As a result, we’re innovating to come up with more efficient and effective ways to support critical digital infrastructure."
Vertiv’s ESG Executive Steering Committee, made up of senior leaders from across the organization, is driving a company-wide evaluation of ESG performance. Some of the activities and results highlighted in the report include:
- The introduction of new and upgraded products with high energy and water efficiency attributes, with others planned for release in the coming months and years.
- Participation in several industry partnerships aimed at addressing data center efficiency and emissions, including the EcoEdge PrimePower Project (E2P2), the Sustainable Digital Infrastructure Alliance (SDIA), the European Data Centre Association (EUDCA), and the RISE Partnership Program.
- An internal review of Vertiv’s Scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions.
- Development of performance and improvement benchmarks to help the organization reduce operational greenhouse gas emissions.
- A 12% year-over-year reduction in recordable injuries based on the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s total reportable injury rate (TRIR).
- The introduction of training opportunities to support the organization’s global focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- The appointment of multiple women to executive positions within the company within the last two years, including Sheryl Haislet, Chief Information Officer, and Stephanie Gill, Chief Legal Counsel.
For more information or to download the full report, visit Vertiv.com.
Vertiv (NYSE: VRT) brings together hardware, software, analytics and ongoing services to enable its customers’ vital applications to run continuously, perform optimally and grow with their business needs. Vertiv solves the most important challenges facing today’s data centers, communication networks and commercial and industrial facilities with a portfolio of power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs approximately 24,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. For more information, and for the latest news and content from Vertiv, visit Vertiv.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, Section 27 of the Securities Act, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act. These statements are only a prediction. Actual events or results may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements set forth herein. Readers are referred to Vertiv’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and any subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q for a discussion of these and other important risk factors concerning Vertiv and its operations. Vertiv is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any obligation to, update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220628005394/en/