Protesters supporting U.S. President Donald Trump stormed the Capitol Wednesday, clashing with police and forcing a delay in the constitutional process to affirm President-elect Joe Biden's win.
— The Associated Press
The Super Bowl-winning offensive lineman has been working at a long-term care facility during the pandemic.
Anthony Mackie has provided a tantalizing update on the upcoming Disney+ TV series Falcon And The Winter Soldier.
New Delhi, January 16, (ANI): The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has suspended an inspector and a stenographer for compromising the investigation in a bank fraud case and also initiated action against two DSPs in the same matter, CBI sources said.
Former Attorney General of Louisiana Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq. and the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC ("KSF") are investigating the proposed merger of Anchiano Therapeutics Ltd. (NasdaqGS: ANCN) with Chemomab Ltd. pursuant to which Anchiano shareholders will end up owning only approximately 10% of the combined company, prior to additional PIPE financing. KSF is seeking to determine whether the merger and the process that led to it are adequate, or whether the merger undervalues the Company.
Income investors often put too much focus on a stock's dividend yield. Further, it can cause them to miss out on the higher total returns often produced by the best dividend stocks, which routinely increase their payouts. With that upside in mind, we asked some of our contributors for their best dividend stock picks for the upcoming year.
The company's roots date back to 1939, when its namesake founders, Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard, launched the company in a Palo Alto garage. In recent years, shares of the "old tech" company continue to underperform the overall technology sector, gaining 17% in the last three years versus 95% for the greater Nasdaq 100 index. Many value investors are wondering if there's an opportunity here due to the company's attractive valuations: HP currently trades at 9.5 times forward earnings estimates.
“I thought, ‘This could be the end,’” the D.C. police officer said.
Frank Lampard is without the suspended N’Golo Kante for this afternoon’s west London derby against Fulham, but beyond that has a fully fit squad to choose from. Reece James has recovered from hamstring injury and could come straight back into the team for the first time since Boxing Day. Lampard will choose between Jorginho and Billy Gilmour to replace Kante, while Kai Havertz will hope for his first Premier League start since before Christmas after scoring in last week’s FA Cup third-round win against Morecambe.
From their first red carpet together to welcoming a daughter!
PETALING JAYA, Malaysia, Jan. 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Toga Limited (OTC: TOGL), unveiled “Yippi X,” the new version of its revolutionary flagship app Yippi, on January 5, 2021, at the inaugural ASEAN New Tech Conference (“ANTC”). The ANTC was held online this year and carried the theme “Together We Change the World”. “Yippi X was developed by our team of experts to be the most powerful version of the Yippi app to date. It provides a more comprehensive user experience, as compared to Yippi’s 5th Generation, Yippi 5, released back in July 2019,” said Toga Limited’s Chief Executive Officer and founder, Mr. Michael Toh. “Yippi X is a total upgrade in terms of its technical capabilities and is more refined compared to Yippi 5. What's interesting is that we have redefined Yippi in line with its tagline, ‘Let the World Know You’, focusing on users first, and bringing them closer in the virtual world through its newly enhanced social and messaging features,” said Toh. Toh acknowledges that “2020 has been a challenging year for everyone. However, due to the diligence and perseverance of Toga’s employees and its executives, as well as the continuous support and commitment from its shareholders, Toga managed to weather the storm and emerge stronger than ever in its response to the pandemic crisis.” “Toga has helped more than 30,000 content creators in 10 countries across the globe to grow and diversify their income streams. It is good to note that Toga is one of the few technology companies that has achieved rapid growth in business development during these trying times,” said Toh. Other new and updated mobile applications were also unveiled at the ANTC, including: TogaGo 2.0, which is focused on becoming a one-stop travel solution. It offers an improved user-friendly design and an expanded range of useful functionalities. One of its key features ‘GO Cash’ allows users to enjoy a host of privileges when they purchase products and services on the platform. Users can redeem GO Cash points against future purchases and get discounts and exclusive deals.E.Booster 2.0, which is aimed at creating a healthier lifestyle for its users. E-Booster 2.0 uses the unique energy resonance technology called ‘Toga Resonance Technology (T-RT)’, to maintain good health and a positive attitude towards life. It has more than 40 products which can be found under five basic categories of use, namely for Focus, Stress Relief, Protection, Meditation and Energize, covering the most comprehensive health care. Red Box Karaoke’s Booking and Social Singing apps, which was developed through a partnership between Red Box and Toga. Red Box was looking into digitalization innovations to attain its vision of becoming South East Asia’s leader in the karaoke industry, and Toga came forward to provide them with IT infrastructure solutions, ranging from research and development to technology selection. Article published: https://www.theedgemarkets.com/content/advertise/toga-looks-towards-the-future-with-new-apps-and-partnerships Contact: Alexander D. HendersonTOGA LIMITED, 515 S. Flower Street, 18th Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90071(949) firstname.lastname@example.org Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Any statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact (including, but not limited to, statements to the effect that Toga Limited or its management (the “Company”) "anticipates," "plans," "estimates," "expects," or "believes," or the negative of these terms and other similar expressions) should be considered forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, statements regarding the Company's guidance, outlook, growth, opportunities and long-term strategy. These statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially from expectations as of the date of this release. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks associated with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic; the Company's ability to execute on its long-term strategy; the Company's ability to successfully compete in its intensely competitive industry; the Company's ability to manage its growth; the Company's ability to maintain or improve its operating margins; the Company's ability to identify and react to trends in consumer preferences; product supply disruptions; general economic conditions; accounting standard changes; and other factors as set forth from time to time in the Company's Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including, without limitation, the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q. The Company intends these forward-looking statements to speak only as of the time of this Press Release and does not undertake to update or revise them as more information becomes available, except as required by law.
Patna (Bihar) [India], January 16 (ANI): Leader of Opposition in Bihar Assembly and Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav on Saturday said Bihar is becoming the crime capital of the country and those sitting in power in the State are protecting the criminals.
New Delhi [India], January 16 (ANI): Union Health Ministry on Saturday termed the first day of the COVID-19 vaccination drive as successful and added that no case of post-vaccination hospitalisation reported today.
Ramban (Jammu and Kashmir) [India], January 16 (ANI): The construction of Bailey Bridge at Kela Morh in Ramban on Jammu-Srinagar National highway has been completed in 60 hours.
The public won’t see President Donald Trump’s White House records for years, but there’s growing concern that the collection won’t be complete, leaving a hole in the history of one of America’s most tumultuous presidencies. Trump has been cavalier about the law requiring records be preserved. He has a habit of ripping up documents before tossing them out, forcing White House staffers to spend hours taping them back together. “They told him to stop doing it. He didn’t want to stop,” said Solomon Lartey, a former White House records analyst who spent hours taping documents back together well into 2018. The president also confiscated an interpreter’s notes after Trump had a chat with Russian leader Vladimir Putin. Trump scolded his White House counsel for taking notes at a meeting. Top executive branch officials had to be reminded more than once not to conduct official business on private email or encrypted text messaging systems and to preserve it if they did. Trump’s baseless claim of widespread voter fraud, which postponed for weeks an acknowledgement of President-elect Joe Biden’s victory, is delaying the transfer of documents to the National Archives and Records Administration, further heightening concern about the integrity of the records. “Historians are likely to suffer from far more holes than has been the norm,” said Richard Immerman at the Society for Historians of American Foreign Relations. In the Trump White House, “not only has record-keeping not been a priority, but we have multiple examples of it seeking to conceal or destroy that record.” But even with requests by lawmakers and lawsuits by government transparency groups, there is an acknowledgment that noncompliance with the Presidential Records Act carries little consequence for Trump. The Presidential Records Act states that a president cannot destroy records until he seeks the advice of the national archivist and notifies Congress. But the law doesn’t require him to heed the archivist’s advice. Most presidential records today are electronic, and records experts estimate that automatic backup computer systems capture a vast majority of them, but cannot capture records that a White House chooses not to create or log into those systems. THE MOVE Moving a president’s trail of paper and electronic records is a laborious task. President Barack Obama left about 30 million pages of paper documents and some 250 terabytes of electronic records, including the equivalent of about 1.5 billion pages of emails. When Trump lost the November election, records staffers were in position to transfer electronic records, pack up the paper ones and move them to the National Archives by Jan. 20 as required by law. But Trump’s reluctance to concede has meant they will miss the deadline. “Necessary funding from the (White House) Office of Management and Budget was delayed for many weeks after the election, which has caused delays in arranging for the transfer of the Trump presidential records into the National Archives’ custody,” the National Archives said in a statement to The Associated Press. “Even though the transfer of these records will not be completed until after Jan. 20, the National Archives will assume legal custody of them on Jan. 20 in accordance with the Presidential Records Act.” The White House did not respond to a request for comment about preserving Trump’s records. One person familiar with the transition said guidance typically emailed to executive branch employees, explaining how to turn in equipment and pack up their offices, was sent out in December, but quickly rescinded because Trump insisted on contesting the election. With little guidance, some staffers in the White House started quietly calling records workers to find out what to do. Departing employees are instructed to create a list of folders in each box and make a spreadsheet to give the National Archives a way to track and retrieve the information for the incoming Biden team. The public must wait five years before submitting Freedom of Information Act requests to see the Trump material. Even then, Trump — like other presidents before him — is invoking six specific restrictions to public access of his records for up to 12 years. RECORD-KEEPING PRACTICES On impeachment and other sensitive issues, some normal workflow practices were bypassed, a second person familiar with the process said. Higher-ups and White House lawyers became more involved in deciding which materials were catalogued and scanned into White House computer networks where they are automatically saved, the person said. The individuals, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the inner workings of the White House, said that if uncatalogued materials ended up in an office safe, for instance, they would at least be temporarily preserved. But if they were never catalogued in the first place, staffers wouldn’t know they existed, making them untraceable. Trump’s staff also engaged in questionable practices by using private emails and messaging apps. Former White House counsel Don McGahn in February 2017 sent a memo that instructed employees not to use nonofficial text messaging apps or private email accounts. If they did, he said, they had to take screenshots of the material and copy it into official email accounts, which are preserved. He sent the memo back out in September 2017. Government transparency groups say the screenshots are not adequate because they do not capture attachments or information such as who contacted whom, phone identifiers and other online information. “It’s an open question to me about how serious or conscientious any of those people have been about moving them over,” said Tom Blanton, who directs the National Security Archive at George Washington University, which was founded in 1985 to combat government secrecy. Trump was criticized for confiscating the notes of an interpreter who was with him in 2017 when Trump talked with Putin in Hamburg, Germany. Lawmakers tried unsuccessfully to obtain the notes of another interpreter who was with Trump in 2018 when he met with Putin in Helsinki, Finland. Several weeks ago, the National Security Archive, two historical associations and Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington sued to prevent the Trump White House from destroying any electronic communications or records sent or received on nonofficial accounts, such as personal email or WhatsApp. The court refused to issue a temporary restraining order after government lawyers told the judge that they had instructed the White House to notify all employees to preserve all electronic communications in their original format until the lawsuit was settled. Anne Weismann, one of the lawyers representing the groups in their lawsuit, suspects “serious noncompliance” of the Presidential Records Act. “I believe we will find that there’s going to be a huge hole in the historical record of this president," Weismann said. Deb Riechmann, The Associated Press
The German soccer federation is investigating whether Union Berlin player Florian Hubner used a xenophobic slur against Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Nadiem Amiri when the Bundesliga teams played Friday. The federation said Saturday that there was a ''suspicion'' that Hubner racially insulted Amiri, whose parents are from Afghanistan, at the end of Union's 1-0 win. ''We will take on this initial suspicion and initiate appropriate investigations at the start of the new week,'' said Anton Nachreiner, chairman of the federation's control committee.
Consulation launches over suggested plan for grading
The latest figures were published on Saturday.
Truss CBD, the joint venture between mega brewer Molson Coors (NYSE: TAP) and Canadian marijuana grower HEXO (NYSE: HEXO), has introduced its very first cannabidiol (CBD)-infused beverage into the U.S. Called Veryvell, it's a lineup of sparkling CBD drinks that is only available in Colorado, both in retail stores and online. Truss CBD is a separate entity from Truss Beverages, which Molson and HEXO created in Canada in 2018 as a standalone company with its own board of directors and independent management.
The 19-year-old died in his sleep at his home in Fulham, west London, on September 22.
People across France started heading home late on Saturday afternoon to meet a new, 6 p.m. curfew intended to help stem the spread of coronavirus infections, especially a more infectious variant. The virus has killed 70,000 people in France, the seventh highest toll in the world, and the government is particularly worried by the more transmissible variant first detected in Britain, which now accounts for about 1% of new cases. The curfew was brought forward two hours to 6 p.m. and runs until 6 a.m. In addition, from Monday, anyone travelling to France from outside the European Union will have to show a negative COVID-19 test and self-isolate for a week upon arrival.