Lena Dunham is bringing an international romance to Netflix.
The Girls star/creator will write and direct the 10-episode romantic comedy Too Much, starring Megan Stalter (Hacks) and Will Sharpe (The White Lotus), for the streamer, our sister site Variety reports.
More from TVLine
Stalter will play Jessica, a New York workaholic recovering from a breakup who decides to move to London to get away from all the memories of the failed relationship in NYC. In her new city, she meets Felix (Sharpe), described as “less Hugh Grant in Notting Hill and more Hugh Grant’s drunken roommate,” and forms an “unusual connection” that only creates more problems.
Ready for some more recent newsy nuggets? Well…
* Netflix will stream the live tennis match The Netflix Slam, featuring Rafael Nadal and Carlos Alcaraz, on Sunday, March 3, 2024, from the Michelob Ultra Arena at Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, per Deadline.
* WE tv has greenlit The Barnes Bunch, a reality series following NBA champion, ESPN analyst and podcaster Matt Barnes and his fiancée, model and reality-TV personality Anansa Sims, as they parent six children ranging ages five to 15. The series is currently in production and will debut in 2024.
* Prime Video has ordered to series Obsession, based on Catherine Ryan Howard’s international best-selling novel 56 Days and hailing from executive producer James Wan’s Atomic Monster. Lisa Zwerling (The Rook, ER) and Karyn Usher (The Rook, Prison Break) are set to write and executive-produce the adaptation.
* The Showtime cable channel’s previously announced rebrand as Paramount+ With Showtime will launch Monday, Jan. 8, 2024. Watch a sizzle reel:
* Netflix has unveiled a promo for the comedy special Trevor Noah: Where Was I, premiering Tuesday, Dec. 19:
Which of today’s TVLine Items pique your interest?
Best of TVLine