It’s love at first class for Riverdale’s Camila Mendes and Shadow and Bone alum Archie Renaux in a new trailer for the upcoming rom-com Upgraded, premiering Friday, Feb. 9 on Prime Video.
The film follows Ana Santos (played by Mendes), a “smart and ambitious art enthusiast with dreams of running her own gallery” who is currently paying her dues as an unpaid trainee for a premiere New York auction house run by the influential and demanding Claire Dupont (Marisa Tomei),” per the official synopsis.
More from TVLine
“When Ana is sent on her first work trip and gets unexpectedly upgraded to first class, she meets the handsome and well-connected Will (Renaux), who mistakes Ana for her boss,” the description continues. Her fib “sets off a series of fortuitous events and VIP introductions that suddenly have Ana winning at work and caught up in a whirlwind romance she never expected. However, this little white lie begins to unravel, threatening to ruin Ana’s career and newfound romance.”
Press PLAY on the above video for a sneak peek.
Ready for some more recent newsy nuggets? Well…
* Jenny Slate will star opposite Michelle Williams in the FX limited series Dying for Sex, Deadline reports. The show centers on a woman named Molly (Williams) who leaves her husband of 15 years and begins to explore her sexuality after being diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer. Slate will portray Molly’s joyful and life-affirming best friend Nikki, who agrees to be her caretaker and offers support on this journey.
* Peacock has announced that all six episodes of the limited series The Tattooist of Auschwitz — starring Harvey Keitel (The Irishman), Melanie Lynskey (The Last of Us, Yellowjackets) and Jonah Hauer-King (The Little Mermaid) — will premiere Thursday, May 2. The show is inspired by the real-life story of Lali and Gita Sokolov, who met while prisoners in the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp during the Holocaust.
* HBO has announced that Last Week Tonight With John Oliver will return for Season 11 on Sunday, Feb. 18 at 11 pm.
* Apple TV+ has set a Friday, March 1 release date for The Completely Made-Up Adventures of Dick Turpin, a comedy-adventure series starring Noel Fielding (The Great British Bake Off) as a British highwayman who is made the reluctant leader of a band of outlaws — and tasked with outwitting Thief Taker Jonathan Wilde (Hugh Bonneville).
* Forest Whitaker (Godfather of Harlem) has joined the cast of Emperor of Ocean Park, MGM+’s adaptation of law professor Stephen L. Carter’s best-selling novel. Whitaker will play Judge Oliver Garland, the patriarch of his family and a formidable figure in national politics and the judicial system.
* Season 2 of Paramount+’s The Family Stallone will release all 10 episodes on Wednesday, Feb. 21.
* Apple TV+ has released a trailer for the historical drama The New Look, premiering Wednesday, Feb. 14 and starring Ben Mendelsohn as Christian Dior and Juliette Binoche as Coco Chanel:
Best of TVLine