Turnaround for the Las Vegas Raiders in 2023 NFL season? Way-too-early predictions
Can the Las Vegas Raiders bounce back after a 6-11 season in 2022?
There is always hope for that to happen with the Raiders having plenty of weapons on offense.
Weapons such as wide receivers Davante Adams, Hunter Renfrow, Jakobi Meyers, and of course running back Josh Jacobs.
Oh, and a new quarterback at the helm in Jimmy Garoppolo, who is 40-17 as a starter. Injuries, however, have shortened his seasons since 2017, though he played 15 games in 2021.
But the question remains: can the defense get going?
The NFL released the 2023 regular season schedule on Thursday and The Fresno Bee makes the Raiders’ way-too-early predictions.
▪ Sept. 10 at Denver Broncos 1:25 p.m. (CBS): The Raiders have the Broncos’ number in recent years, but Sean Payton is the man in command. Prediction: Broncos
▪ Sept. 17 at Buffalo Bills 10:00 a.m. (CBS): Tough road game for the Raiders, against the Bills-led Josh Allen. Bills will be too much. Prediction: Bills
▪ Sept. 24 Pittsburgh Steelers 5:20 p.m. (NBC): A primetime game for the Raiders against the Steelers, where it’s certain the terrible towels will be all over Allegiant Stadium. Prediction: Raiders
▪ Oct. 1 at Los Angeles Chargers 1:05 p.m. (CBS): While Raider Nation will be in full force at SoFi Stadium, that doesn’t matter. Upset win for the Raiders, here? Prediction: Chargers
▪ Oct. 9 Green Bay Packers (Mon) 5:15 p.m. (ESPN): It’s a new-look Packers under Jordan Love. Adams will see his former teammates on the opposite end. Prediction: Raiders
▪ Oct. 15 New England Patriots 1:05 p.m. (CBS): Have to wonder if Meyers has this game already circled. He’ll want to prove something here. Prediction: Raiders
▪ Oct. 22 at Chicago Bears 10:00 a.m. (FOX): Just when you thought the Raiders could get it going, they find a way to stumble. Prediction: Bears
▪ Oct. 30 at Detroit Lions (Mon) 5:15 p.m. (ESPN): Remember how bad the Lions were? Prediction: Lions
▪ Nov. 5 New York Giants 1:25 p.m. (FOX): Revenge game for former Raiders TE Darren Waller? It’s a terrible matchup for the Raiders to try to defend Waller, who will spike the football should he score a TD. Prediction: Giants
▪ Nov. 12 New York Jets 5:20 p.m. (NBC): This game will be flexed out because of the poor Raiders record. Prediction: Jets
▪ Nov. 19 at Miami Dolphins 10:00 a.m. (CBS): Another AFC East opponent. Enough said. Prediction: Dolphins
▪ Nov. 26 Kansas City Chiefs 1:25 p.m. (CBS): Can the Raiders really beat the Chiefs at Allegiant Stadium? No. Prediction: Chiefs
▪ Dec. 10 Minnesota Vikings 1:05 p.m. (FOX): The Raiders’ losing streak ends here. Prediction: Raiders
▪ Dec. 14 Los Angeles Chargers (Thu) 5:15 p.m. (Prime Video): Another win for the Raiders? We think so. Prediction: Raiders
▪ Dec. 25 at Kansas City Chiefs (Mon) 10:00 a.m. (CBS): Merry Christmas to the Raiders. Prediction: Chiefs
▪ Dec. 31 at Indianapolis Colts 10:00 a.m. (CBS): Season is almost over. Prediction: Raiders
▪ TBD Denver Broncos TBD TBD*: Oh what the heck. Prediction: Raiders
Prediction: Raiders 6-11