Go get your aviators and flight jackets, because we’re about to take the highway to the danger zone. The 1986 classic, Top Gun, is in the news because its star, Tom Cruise, went on Australian television and confirmed that a sequel is in the works.
Before the as-of-yet untitled sequel starts revvin’ up its engine, before we can listen to its howlin’ roar, why don’t we celebrate some classic dialogue by friends like Maverick, Iceman, and Stinger. Here are our top five lines from Top Gun.
5) Charlie: Listen, can I ask you a personal question? Maverick: That depends. Charlie: Are you a good pilot? Maverick: I can hold my own. Charlie: Great, then I won’t have to worry about you making your living as a singer.
4) Maverick: What’s your problem, Kazanski? Iceman: You’re everyone’s problem. That’s because every time you go up in the air, you’re unsafe. I don’t like you because you’re dangerous. Maverick: That’s right, Ice…man. I am dangerous.
3) Stinger: What you should have done was land your plane. You don’t own that plane; the taxpayers do. Son, your ego is writing checks your body can’t cash.
2) Iceman: You can be my wingman anytime. Maverick: Bulls***. You can be mine!
1) Maverick: I feel the need. Maverick and Goose: The need for speed!
Check out Tom Cruise confirming the Top Gun sequel on Australian television:
Read more from Yahoo Movies:
- Top Gun 2′: Tom Cruise Says Sequel Will Take Flight ‘Probably in the Next Year’
- ‘The Mummy’: Tom Cruise’s Curse May Also Be a Blessing In Latest Trailer
- Dwayne Johnson Wanted to Be Jack Reacher, but Lost Out to Tom Cruise