Texas Woman Was Witness in Capital Murder Case and Had Threats Made Against Her. Then She Disappeared

Deundrea L. Ford, 21, was last seen on Sept. 21, Houston police say

<p>Houston Police Dept.</p> Deundrea L. Ford

Houston Police Dept.

Deundrea L. Ford

A Texas woman who was a witness in a murder case hasn't been seen in nearly two weeks, according to court documents obtained by multiple news outlets.

Deundrea L. Ford, 21, went missing on Sept. 21, according to the Houston Police Department and the Texas Center for the Missing. Police said she was last seen on East Freeway wearing a black tank top and tan pants.

Family members say Ford – who is a mother to a 4-year-old son — was last spotted getting into a van with an unknown man outside the Diva's Bikini Sports Bar & Grill in Houston, where she had been working as a dancer for the past few weeks, according to local stations KHOU 11 and Fox 26.

"I'm confident that something's not right,” Ford’s uncle, Kevin Carriere, told KHOU 11. “This is not her normal behavior.”

Amid the ongoing missing persons investigation, new details have come to light in court documents obtained by Fox 26, USA Today, and ABC13. It was reportedly revealed that Ford was a witness to a fatal shooting in May, though it’s unclear whether her disappearance is related to the murder case.

According to a probable cause affidavit cited by USA Today, Ford was asleep in the front seat of a car driven by Otis Parker, 35, who was killed on May 18 when shots were fired outside a Houston apartment complex. Ford narrowly avoided the gunfire and  escaped without injury.

In the affidavit, the gunman was identified as Jamal Brown, 21, and his accomplices as Mariah Green, 23, and Quitiana Taylor, 21, along with Jarrell Wheeler, 22, per Fox 26. Authorities said the killing was a planned robbery over $1,500 that Ford and Taylor made during a previous work trip to Louisiana.

According to court documents cited by ABC 13, authorities learned during the investigation that one of the suspects sent a text message referring to Ford saying, “She ain't safe in Houston...at all.”

A separate court filing obtained by USA Today shows that a no-contact order between Ford and the suspects was granted by a judge in June.

In July, Brown was killed by police officers who were serving an arrest warrant on a capital murder charge, according to a police press release.

“Brown produced a pistol and refused all verbal commands to surrender the pistol,” police said. “Two task force members (assigned to the HCSO) discharged weapons and fatally struck him. It is unknown at this time if Brown discharged his weapon.”

Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Sign up for PEOPLE's free True Crime newsletter for breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases.

All four suspects were charged in June with capital murder in connection with Parker’s shooting death, police said in a separate release. Brown, Taylor, and Green were additionally charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The three remaining suspects are currently behind bars without bond, jail records obtained by USA Today show. It’s unclear whether they’ve entered pleas.

Ford is described by police as a Black woman who stands about 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighs about 170 lbs. She has brown eyes and black hair.

Anyone with information on Ford’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Houston Police Department’s missing persons desk at 832-394-1840.

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Read the original article on People.