Though Antonio Brown is caught up in yet another off-field incident, Bruce Arians and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are standing firm.
Arians said again on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Wednesday that he isn’t concerned about his newest wide receiver.
“We knew of the incident,” Arians said. “He’s been a model citizen. If and when he’s not, we’ll move on. He knows that. Our team knows that. I don’t really think we’re going to have any problems. We haven’t had any so far, and I really would not anticipate any.”
Antonio Brown’s security camera dispute
Brown allegedly destroyed a security camera and threw a bike at a security shack in October — part of an incident that reportedly began when a friend of Brown’s had issues at the gate while trying to visit him. Brown also reportedly had a dispute with his homeowner association over a landscaping issue in August, which was part of what sparked his anger with the security guard.
The HOA did not press charges, and the dispute was settled. The NFL is reportedly looking into the incident, which marks the latest issue for Brown in recent years. He was suspended for the first eight games of the season this year after he was accused of rape in 2019. He was also involved in an alleged battery incident with a delivery driver in January.
Brown signed with the Buccaneers in October — which marked his first team in more than a year after struggling to stay with the Las Vegas Raiders and New England Patriots. The Buccaneers stood by Brown after news of the incident came out, and said they were aware of it before they signed him.
“We are aware of the reported incident involving Antonio Brown prior to his signing,” the team said in a statement. “When Antonio joined us, we were clear about what we expected and required of him. Thus far, he has met all the expectations we have in place.”
As long as he keeps in line during the season, it seems like Arians and the Buccaneers are content to keep Brown around.
More from Yahoo Sports: