J.J. Abrams wants you to know he hates doing commentary tracks. And with that, he kicks off his commentary track for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The director’s moment-by-moment, detailed analysis is, despite his protestations, perhaps the biggest selling point of the four-disc Force Awakens 3D collector’s edition that’s hitting stores on Nov. 15. The set is a marked improvement over the version released last spring, including all the previously released features with several new bells and whistles. ...
The folks at the helm of Star Trek are going warp factor 10 to keep Enterprise enthusiasts happy. At a fan event on Friday, producer J.J. Abrams revealed that 'Star Trek Beyond' director Justin Lin has convinced the studio to work with filmmakers behind the fan-backed 'Star Trek: Axanar' to resolve a lawsuit.
What is Princess Leia’s beef with Chewbacca? First she snubbed him by not awarding him with a medal at the end of ‘Star Wars’ and then she snubbed him at the end of ‘The Force Awakens’ at his most fragile moment in the series yet. JJ Abrams has held his hands up and admitted the second, arguably more devastating, snub is his biggest regret about making ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’.
The 501st Stormtrooper Legion visiting Fleetwood on Nov. 7th (Ashley Fleetwood/Facebook) Daniel Fleetwood, the lifelong Star Wars fan and cancer patient who was given an early personal screening of the upcoming sequel The Force Awakens, died early Tuesday morning at the age of 32. His wife, Ashley Fleetwood, broke the news on her Facebook page, which had become the hub of activism and encouraging messages over the last few weeks. “Daniel put up an amazing fight to the very end,” Fleetwood wrote on her page. Rest in peace my love.” Ashley and Daniel Fleetwood’s last selfie together (Ashley Fleetwood/Facebook) Diagnosed with spindle cell sarcoma, a rare cancer of the connective tissue, and given just two months to live in July, Fleetwood’s final wish — to see The Force Awakens — began to make headlines in mid-October.
Benedict Cumberbatch in ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ As Star Wars: The Force Awakens draws ever closer, director J.J. Abrams wants sci-fi fans to know that he got it right this time. In an interview for the December issue of Wired, Abrams said that he and co-screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan (who also co-wrote The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi) focused heavily on storytelling, a luxury he didn’t have with previous films like Star Trek Into Darkness. “I didn’t want to enter into making a movie where we didn’t really own our story.
Many Star Wars fans had only one question after watching the full-length trailer for The Force Awakens last week: Where was Luke Skywalker? While Han Solo (Harrison Ford) made a memorable first appearance in the April teaser and Princess Leia (Carrie Fisher) finally made her debut in the new poster and trailer, one of the heroes of the original trilogy has been mostly absent except for a voiceover and hooded glimpse in the second teaser. Abrams, after all, loves a good twist, which has some fans wondering if the man who was supposed to revive the Jedi Knights has instead turned to the dark side.
There was a great disturbance in The Force last year, when news broke from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens set that Harrison Ford — back aboard the old hunk of junk for the first time more than 30 years — suffered a broken leg when a door on the ship malfunctioned and fell on him. What we didn’t know at the time, however, was that Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams was also a casualty in the mishap. A few days later, Abrams was told by a doctor that he’d broken a vertebrae in his back, which required him to wear a special brace on set (and, we’re guessing, do some medicine-ball exercises using BB-8).
When the new trailer for 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' debuted at the Star Wars Celebration event in Anaheim today, Harrison Ford left fans giddy even though he was absent from the event.