A rescued possum named Miss Kenny Rogers attracted the attention of New Yorkers at Tompkins Square Park, video uploaded on August 4 shows.
Video recorded by Ed Quinn shows the leashed marsupial crawl and sniff about, as several park-goers stop by asking questions, intrigued by the long-tailed animal.
“This is amazing,” a person is heard saying while petting the possum.
“Her owner Cara, shown holding her in [the] hat, rescued her two years ago as a baby found on the side of a road in Alabama,” Quinn told Storyful. “New Yorkers by and large seem to love her.” Credit: Ed Quinn via Storyful
- She's told big but little. Like, she's so little.
- Yeah. I think she weighs, like, 6 pounds.
- This is amazing.
- It was, like, my COVID passion project.
- She's so cute.
- But yeah. She is a healthy, healthy girl. She's got a crazy awesome diet.
- Oh, my God. That is, like, the sweetest little munchkin.
- It's kind of-- she could, yeah. And so they help it-- it helps them balance.
- Play with the dogs and stuff?
- No. She does. She's, like-- I mean, she's, like, the laziest animal.
- That little nose.
- She has--