Animal Rebellion protesters occupied internet personality Salt Bae’s London restaurant Nusr-Et on Saturday, December 3, calling for “meaningful action on the climate and ecological emergencies,” according to the environmental organization.
The high-end eatery was created by Nusret Gokce, better known as Salt Bae, who is referred to as a “meat artist” on his website. The steakhouse serves “meats coated in edible 24-karat gold, including steaks costing £1,450 each,” Animal Rebellion said.
Video shared by Animal Rebellion, which they said was filmed on Saturday, shows protesters at the restaurant in London. Footage posted by the organization shows staffers in aprons carrying a protester out of the steakhouse.
The group said that the eight protesters sat at tables reserved by customers holding “mock menus,” which outlined their demands such as a “plant-based food system.” Credit: Animal Rebellion via Storyful
- Good evening. Hello.
- Yeah, I just wanted to let you know that we're a group called Animal Rebellion. So we're protesters. We're protesters. We're here tonight to occupy the restaurant. And so we're planning on staying here until you close. Thanks.
- --restaurant, this is a booking only restaurant.
- [INAUDIBLE] And like we said, we're planning on staying in here until you pledge support.
- Unfortunately, we have this table already booked for someone else, ma'am. And we have [INAUDIBLE] I do appreciate your point of view. And I do understand that [INAUDIBLE] point. However, we have that reservation for someone else. This table is someone else. You have to respect--
- Thank you for the market. Goodnight.
- Thank you very much, ladies.