Shake Milton (Philadelphia 76ers) with a deep 3 vs the Indiana Pacers, 03/01/2021
Shake Milton (Philadelphia 76ers) with a deep 3 vs the Indiana Pacers, 03/01/2021
CALGARY — The men's world curling championship playoffs resumed Sunday in Calgary after a suspension of games due to COVID-19. Alberta Health approved the resumption of games, the World Curling Federation said. Four participants, including three from non-playoff teams, tested positive for the virus, but did not show symptoms of the illness. An unidentified athlete from a playoff team who tested positive and then negative in a subsequent test was initially barred from competing Sunday, but the WCF reversed course and allowed him on the ice. "After extensive consultation with Alberta Health the athlete who tested positive, then negative has been granted permission to play in the playoffs today," the WCF said in a statement. "The athlete in question has been fully vaccinated. "New medical guidelines have been implemented for the closing day. Players will remain masked when competing and PCR throat-swab tests will take place before and after each game." The player who tested positive received two doses of vaccination in his home country before the world championship, the WCF said. The world governing body of curling also said a case was made to reinstate the athlete with the argument teammates and opponents would be at minimal risk from his participation Sunday. Switzerland's Peter de Cruz edged John Shuster of the United States 7-6 in a morning playoff game in which all players on the ice wore masks for the first time in Calgary's bubble. Masks were previously mandatory off the ice. "My coach told me we were going to play with a mask," de Cruz said. "I said 'let's make sure it's one where I can actually breathe a little bit in it.' "Our Swiss masks with the Swiss cheese, a bit tough to sweep with those." The Swiss skip put his faith in the governing bodies of the event that it was safe to proceed Sunday. "In my opinion, and this doesn't really matter, I completely trust the WCF and Curling Canada," de Cruz said. "If they made the call, then it's definitely safe. "In this situation, I've had concerns for the last 14 months. If someone tells me we can play then I'm a hundred per cent behind it. If you want to win some games, that's the only way to do it." The Swiss faced Sweden and Russia took on Scotland in the afternoon semifinals. Gold and bronze-medal games were scheduled for the same draw in the evening. Domestic host broadcaster TSN refused to carry Sunday morning's playoff game between the U.S. and Switzerland "due to COVID-19 issues," but committed to include a semifinal and the final in its programming. "Following health and safety concerns, the decision was made not to broadcast this morning's qualifying round game between the USA and Switzerland at the world men's curling championship," TSN told The Canadian Press in a statement. "The decision was supported by our longstanding partners, Curling Canada and the World Curling Federation, with whom we have collaborated to execute successful tournaments through 57 days in the bubble in Calgary. "We remain fully supportive of the event, and TSN will deliver live coverage of today’s semifinal and final games, from the concourse level." Saturday's playoff game and a pair of semifinals were postponed while more testing was conducted. Athletes, coaches and event officials considered close contacts with the infected athletes tested negative, according to the WCF. The men's world championship is the fourth Curling Canada event held in a controlled environment without spectators following the national men's, women's and mixed doubles championship. No positive tests were reported in Canada's domestic events at WinSport's Markin MacPhail Centre. World championship curlers underwent "exit'' tests last week in preparation to leave Calgary's curling bubble. Shortly after Canada's Brendan Bottcher was eliminated from world championship contention Friday night, the WCF suspended competition because of three positive tests involving non-playoff teams. The fourth positive test involving the playoff-team athlete wasn't received until Saturday morning, the WCF said. That player subsequently tested negative for the virus in the retesting round. This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 11, 2021. Donna Spencer, The Canadian Press
England's shops, hairdressers, gyms and pub gardens will reopen on Monday in what Prime Minister Boris Johnson said was a "major step" towards freedom from the restrictions of the COVID-19 pandemic. Hundreds of thousands of businesses have been closed since early January when England entered a third lockdown to stem surging infections driven by the "Kent" variant of the virus. A vaccination campaign that has delivered a first shot to well over half of adults and lockdown measures have cut deaths by more than 95% and cases by over 90% from the January peak.
The Celtics ended the game on a 40-8 run and totally flipped the script on the Nuggets in the fourth quarter.
Bukayo Saka and Gabriel Martinelli are fresh worries for the Gunners ahead of a season-defining game next week.
WICHITA, Kansas, April 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Equity Bancshares, Inc. (NASDAQ:EQBK), (“Equity”), the Wichita-based holding company of Equity Bank, will release its first quarter results on Tuesday, April 20, 2021, with a press release issued after market close. Equity Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Brad Elliott and Chief Financial Officer Eric Newell will hold a conference call and webcast to discuss first quarter results on Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 10 a.m. eastern time or 9 a.m. central time. Investors, news media, and other participants should register for the call or webcast at investor.equitybank.com. Participants may dial into the call toll-free at (844) 534-7311 from anywhere in the U.S. or (574) 990-1419 internationally, using conference ID no. 9542529. Participants are encouraged to dial into the call or access the webcast approximately 10 minutes prior to the start time. Presentation slides to pair with the call or webcast will be posted one hour prior to the call at investor.equitybank.com. A replay of the call and webcast will be available two hours following the close of the call until April 28, 2021, accessible at (855) 859-2056 with conference ID no. 9542529 or at investor.equitybank.com. About Equity Bancshares, Inc. Equity Bancshares, Inc. is the holding company for Equity Bank, offering a full range of financial solutions, including commercial loans, consumer banking, mortgage loans, trust and wealth management services and treasury management services, while delivering the high-quality, relationship-based customer service of a community bank. Equity’s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “EQBK.” Learn more at www.equitybank.com. No Offer or Solicitation This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell, a solicitation of an offer to sell, or the solicitation or an offer to buy any securities. There will be no sale of securities in any jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. No offer of securities shall be made except by means of a prospectus meeting the requirement of Section 10 of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. Special Note Concerning Forward-Looking Statements This press release contains “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. These forward-looking statements reflect the current views of Equity’s management with respect to, among other things, future events and Equity’s financial performance. These statements are often, but not always, made through the use of words or phrases such as “may,” “should,” “could,” “predict,” “potential,” “believe,” “will likely result,” “expect,” “continue,” “will,” “anticipate,” “seek,” “estimate,” “intend,” “plan,” “project,” “forecast,” “goal,” “target,” “would” and “outlook,” or the negative variations of those words or other comparable words of a future or forward-looking nature. These forward-looking statements are not historical facts, and are based on current expectations, estimates and projections about Equity’s industry, management’s beliefs and certain assumptions made by management, many of which, by their nature, are inherently uncertain and beyond Equity’s control. Accordingly, Equity cautions you that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks, assumptions and uncertainties that are difficult to predict. Although Equity believes that the expectations reflected in these forward-looking statements are reasonable as of the date made, actual results may prove to be materially different from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from Equity’s expectations include COVID-19 related impacts; competition from other financial institutions and bank holding companies; the effects of and changes in trade, monetary and fiscal policies and laws, including interest rate policies of the Federal Reserve Board; changes in the demand for loans; fluctuations in value of collateral and loan reserves; inflation, interest rate, market and monetary fluctuations; changes in consumer spending, borrowing and savings habits; and acquisitions and integration of acquired businesses; and similar variables. The foregoing list of factors is not exhaustive. For discussion of these and other risks that may cause actual results to differ from expectations, please refer to “Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements” and “Risk Factors” in Equity’s Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 9, 2021, and any updates to those risk factors set forth in Equity’s subsequent Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q or Current Reports on Form 8-K. If one or more events related to these or other risks or uncertainties materialize, or if Equity’s underlying assumptions prove to be incorrect, actual results may differ materially from what Equity anticipates. Accordingly, you should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. Any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which it is made, and Equity does not undertake any obligation to publicly update or review any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future developments or otherwise. New risks and uncertainties arise from time to time, such as COVID-19, and it is not possible for us to predict those events or how they may affect us. In addition, Equity cannot assess the impact of each factor on Equity’s business or the extent to which any factor, or combination of factors, may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements, expressed or implied, included in this press release are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. This cautionary statement should also be considered in connection with any subsequent written or oral forward-looking statements that Equity or persons acting on Equity’s behalf may issue. Media Contact: John J. HanleySVP, Director of MarketingEquity Bancshares, Inc.(816) firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact: Chris M. NavratilSVP, FinanceEquity Bancshares, Inc.(316) 779-1675 email@example.com
New details about the Capitol riot are contained in a previously undisclosed document from the Pentagon that was obtained by The Associated Press.
The Premier League leaders face Borussia Dortmund on Wednesday in the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final.
Calvert-Lewin criticism is fair despite his goals, says Carlo AncelottiStriker missed good chances in draw at Crystal PalaceEverton go to Brighton looking to boost European hopes Dominic Calvert-Lewin has worked on his finishing in training after missing chances against Crystal Palace. Photograph: Jon Super/EPA
Enjoy freedoms but stay wary of risks, PM says as England reopensBoris Johnson says easing of restrictions will be welcome relief for businesses that have been closed Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverage Many pub gardens and restaurants with terraces have been booked up for weeks. Photograph: Jeenah Moon/Reuters
The summer signing provided a glimpse of his potential with a superb display at Selhurst Park.
Reynolds, Brubaker lead team to 7-1 victory over Cubs
Atltico Madrid stumbled again in its bid to win a first Spanish league title in seven seasons after drawing 11 at Real Betis on Sunday, leaving it narrowly ahead of secondplace Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Boris Johnson said Monday is ‘a major step forward in our road map to freedom’.
Things are opening up again after a long lockdown – and Trudy is scared of going out. By Christine Manbyâ
VANCOUVER — The Vancouver Canucks' anticipated return to work has been delayed at least another day. The NHL announced Sunday that due to an additional Canucks player being in the league's COVID-19 protocols, the team's practice facilities will not open until Monday at the earliest. Canucks centre Jay Beagle was added to the NHL's COVID-19 protocol list on Sunday. The league said he had not been around the team since March 31, but the league's medical staff, plus staffs of the NHL Players' Association and the team determined "that the prudent decision was to keep the facilities closed for an additional day," the NHL said in a release. The decision isn't expected to impact the Canucks' first game back on Friday, when the Edmonton Oilers are scheduled to visit. Twenty-five people, including 21 players and four members of the coaching staff, have tested positive for the virus during the outbreak. While Beagle was added to the NHL's protocol list, Adam Gaudette - who was the first Canuck on it - has been removed, leaving 19 Vancouver players on the list. Only players on the active roster are on the list. A player does not have to register a positive COVID-19 test to be on the list. Being a close contact of a positive COVID-19 case or a mandated travel quarantine, for example, could put a player on the list. The Canucks said in a tweet Saturday that players would return to training and limited individual practices on Sunday, with a full group practice scheduled for Wednesday. The outbreak saw eight Canucks games postponed between March 31 and April 14. Vancouver GM Jim Benning said Friday that the ill players were feeling better, and are "on the other side of it." "We still have family members that are getting sick and I think the players worry about that," the GM said. The Canucks' overhauled schedule now has them set to end the season on May 16, meaning a gruelling final stretch that will see them play 19 games in 30 days including six sets of back-to-backs. This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 11, 2021. The Canadian Press
A number of top executives and corporate leaders gathered online this weekend to discuss what to do in response to changes to some state voting laws, according to multiple news reports. The Washington Post reported that more than 100 leaders, including executives from major airlines, retailers and manufacturers — plus at least one NFL owner — talked about potential ways to show they opposed the legislation, which has already been signed into law in Georgia and is being considered elsewhere. That includes halting donations to politicians who support the bills and even delaying investments in states that pass the restrictive measures, according to Jeffrey Sonnenfeld, a Yale management professor and one of the organizers. The Wall Street Journal, citing unnamed sources who attended, said that Kenneth Chenault, the former chief executive of American Express Co. , and Kenneth Frazier, CEO of Merck & Co., urged dozens of leaders to collectively call for greater voting access. Chenault and Frazier warned businesses against dropping the issue and asked CEOs to sign a statement opposing what they view as discriminatory legislation on voting. The new statement could come early this week and would build on one that 72 Black executives signed last month in the wake of changes to Georgia’s voting laws, according to the newspaper's report. A number of companies and their leaders have spoken up on the issue in recent weeks. While Republican lawmakers — such as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell — have derided such action, many activists and others say big business hasn't gone far enough. More than 350 different voting bills are under consideration in dozens of states, according to a tally from the Brennan Center for Justice, a public-policy think-tank . The Wall Street Journal reported that some executives on the call described some bills as either racist or restrictive, and several participants described their efforts as critical to democracy, rather than partisan. While many companies indicated their support of a statement or further action, some remain reticent to speak out on a politically charged issue. One executive from a Fortune 100 consumer-products company told the Wall Street Journal that while board members, employees and vendors are pressing leaders to speak out, doing so could put a bull’s-eye on the company. “It’s really a no-win situation from a corporate standpoint,” the executive said. The Associated Press
Arsenal kept alive their hopes of European qualification with victory at Bramall Lane as Sheffield United’s inevitable relegation from the Premier League edged ever nearer. A wonderful team goal scored by Alexandre Lacazette gave the visitors the half-time lead before Gabriel Martinelli marked his recall to the team with a goal. Lacazette struck again late on for his 50th Premier League goal for the Gunners.
Mother of newborn baby found dead in car park is ‘receiving appropriate care’ . West Midlands Police had asked for help finding mother after baby’s body was discovered in supermarket car park
The window remains open for the Tampa Bay Lightning, so paying a high price to shore up the right side on defence makes all the sense in the world.
Justin Cuthbert and Julian McKenzie praise Connor McDavid for calling out the NHL's failure to recognize Colby Cave's celebration of life.