SAS: Who Dares Wins responds to rumours EastEnders star Maisie Smith is joining line-up

·2 min read
Photo credit: Jeff Spicer - Getty Images
Photo credit: Jeff Spicer - Getty Images

EastEnders star Maisie Smith has reportedly signed up to be a contestant on the reality show SAS: Who Dares Wins.

Having portrayed Tiffany Butcher on the BBC soap for 13 years, the actress confirmed she would be leaving the show this year and that she had filmed her last scenes earlier this month.

According to The Sun, now that Maisie has exited her role, she is set to join a host of other celebrities who will be put through their paces on the gruelling Channel 4 show.

Photo credit: Nicky Johnston - BBC
Photo credit: Nicky Johnston - BBC

Related: EastEnders teases Stacey's return week in 52 new spoiler pictures

"In the best traditions of the SAS, this mission is confidential. However, full details will be released when the series broadcasts next year," a Channel 4 spokesperson said when asked about the rumour (via Metro).

Smith has starred in EastEnders since she was just 6 years old, and the BBC confirmed her departure earlier this month (October 8).

Speaking of her exit, the now 20-year-old said: "It's time to say farewell to Tiff. I've grown up on EastEnders since 2008, and have learnt from the best over the past 13 years. I'm very excited for my next challenge and thank the BBC for the opportunity they gave me as a 6-year-old."

Photo credit: Kieron McCarron/Jack Barnes - BBC
Photo credit: Kieron McCarron/Jack Barnes - BBC

Related: Strictly Come Dancing's John Whaite responds to 'Strictly curse'

Little has been confirmed about the 2022 season of Celebrity SAS: Who Dares Wins, as this year's series has just drawn to a close. This season included Love Island's Wes Nelson, Geordie Shore's Vicky Pattison and The X Factor's Alexandra Burke.

Of the 12 celebrity recruits, Wes Nelson, Alexandra Burke and Paralympian Aled Davies were the only three to make it to the end of the intense training course.

Photo credit: Minnow Films - Channel 4
Photo credit: Minnow Films - Channel 4

Related: I'm a Celebrity getting another US reboot but with a twist

Burke opened up after the show about the toll it took on her mental health, leading her to experience "panic attack[s]" and start "crying all the time", but added that she was proud to make it to the end of the course.

Former Loose Women star Saira Khan was also reported to be taking legal action after taking part in the recent series, but the TV presenter later shared on her Instagram Story that "there is no legal action taking place between myself or Minnow Film who make SAS: Who Dares Wins".

Speaking to Digital Spy, Channel 4 also denied any legal issues, stating: "Minnow Films [who produce the show] and Saira Khan are happy to have resolved the concern raised."

SAS: Who Dares Wins airs on Channel 4.

You Might Also Like

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting