Sarah Everard’s killer Wayne Couzens has pleaded not guilty to a string of flashing offences.
Couzens, 49, is serving a whole-life sentence for the kidnap, rape and murder of 33-year-old marketing executive Ms Everard in March last year, when he was a serving Metropolitan Police officer.
Four incidents of alleged exposure are said to have taken place earlier that year in Swanley, Kent.
On Tuesday, Couzens, from Deal in Kent, appeared at the Old Bailey by video link from Frankland prison in Durham before Judge Mark Lucraft QC.
Wearing a grey sweatshirt, white-bearded Couzens initially spoke to confirm his identity.
During the hearing, Couzens, a former armed officer with the Met’s Parliamentary and Diplomatic Protection Command, denied four charges of exposure.
The charges state he allegedly “intentionally exposed his genitals intending that someone would see them and be caused alarm and distress”.
The incidents are alleged to have taken place on four occasions in Swanley, Kent, between January 22 and February 1 2021, January 30 and February 6, on February 14 and February 27.
Judge Lucraft set a timetable for the case with further hearings due to take place at the Old Bailey over three days from November 1.
Prosecutor Tom Little QC observed: “With no allocated trial judge at the moment it is not possible to even provisionally fix a trial date given the circumstances.”
Judge Lucraft confirmed that the moment a decision was made on who would try the case, all parties would be informed and efforts made to set a trial date.
The case had been sent to the Old Bailey last month following a hearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court.
Chief Magistrate Paul Goldspring had said the case was suitable for trial at the magistrates’ court but Couzens opted for it to be heard at a Crown Court.