Sacramento’s Farm-to-Fork festival emphasizes the region’s farming impact both nationally and across the globe

Coined as ‘America’s Farm-to-Fork Capital,' the Sacramento region prides itself on its unique ability to produce food both far and wide. The region hosts more than 1.5 million acres of active farmland, but only 2% of what's grown is consumed locally. The remaining 98% is shipped not only across the country but to those across the globe. The Sacramento region is nearly self-sustaining in terms of food production.