DUBLIN, June 25, 2021--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Qatar Construction Industry Databook Series - Market Size & Forecast (2016 - 2025) by Value and Volume (area and units) across 40+ Market Segments in Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Institutional and Infrastructure Construction - Q1 2021 Update" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Just as the country was enjoying a construction boom, the global coronavirus outbreak struck Qatar. Following the global pandemic, the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of the country is estimated to contract to 4-5% in 2020.
While the coronavirus pandemic has posed challenges to the sector, construction activities still continued in the country. With the planned 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, activities in the construction sector are projected to remain strong in the next few years. Since being awarded the hosting of the 2022 FIFA World Cup, the construction industry has become the largest non-minerals industry accounting for 15% of GDP.
Increasing infrastructure, hospitality, and residential construction activities will help both the industry as well the economy to recover in 2021.
Growing urbanization in the country is expected to support the growth of residential construction in Qatar. According to the Al-Asmakh Real Estate Projects report, thousands of new housing units are under construction in the country. With these units expected to complete the construction by 2021 and 2022, it will support the recovery of the construction sector in Qatar.
FIFA World Cup 2022 has provided the biggest boost towards the growth of the construction sector in Qatar. It is expected that more than one million visitors will come to attend the 2022 World Cup. Therefore, the country has been on a spree to build a network of new hotels for guests descending during the mega event. As many as, 47 new and exciting hotels are on the horizon in Qatar.
Several new hotels have opened recently, including 16 in the last few months of 2020. Another 16 hotels are in the pipeline with an opening date set for 2021.
Qatar was experiencing a boom in the infrastructure construction sector before the pandemic struck the country. This boom in the sector was mainly because the country is hosting the next FIFA World Cup.
Construction of Doha metro line, stadiums, and road networks are still undergoing in the country, as the commencement date of the World Cup nears.
Moreover, with the construction sector impacted due to the coronavirus outbreak, several projects which were expected to be completed in 2020, are now delayed until 2021. For instance, the construction of Lusail Stadium, which was initially forecasted to be completed by 2020, will now get complete in 2021.
According to this Q4 2020 Global Construction Survey, construction industry in Qatar is expected to grow by 19.1% to reach US$ 31834.9 million in 2021. Despite near-term challenges in certain construction sectors, medium to long term growth story in Qatar remains intact. The construction industry in Qatar is expected to grow steadily over the next four quarters. The growth momentum is expected to continue over the forecast period, recording a CAGR of 6.5% during 2021-2025. The construction output in the country is expected to reach US$ 40912.5 million by 2025.
This report provides data and trend analyses on construction industry in Qatar, with over 100 KPIs. This is a data-centric report and it provides trend analyses with over 140+ charts and 110+ tables. It details market size & forecast, emerging trends, market opportunities, and investment risks in over 40 segments in residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, and infrastructure construction sectors.
Key Topics Covered:
1. About this Report
2. Qatar Construction Industry Dynamics and Growth Prospects
3. Qatar Residential Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
4. Analysis by Residential Construction Markets Outlook by Construction type
5. Analysis by Residential Construction Markets Outlook by Key Cities
6. Analysis by Residential Construction Markets Outlook by Price Point
7. Qatar Commercial Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
8. Office Building Construction Outlook
9. Retail Building Construction Outlook
10. Hospitality Building Construction Outlook
11. Restaurant Building Construction Outlook
12. Sports Facility Building Construction Outlook
13. Other Commercial Building Construction Outlook
14. Qatar Institutional Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
15. Outlook and Growth Dynamics by Institutional Building Construction Sectors
16. Qatar Industrial Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
17. Outlook and Growth Dynamics by Industrial Building Construction Sectors
18. Infrastructure Construction Outlook
19. Qatar Marine and Inland Water Infrastructure Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
20. Qatar Utility System Infrastructure Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
21. Qatar Transport Infrastructure Construction Industry Market Size and Forecast
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/as177z
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210625005173/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900