While this is supposed to be the happiest time of her life, Princess Beatrice's wedding planning, unfortunately, seems to be overshadowed by the scandal surrounding her father, Prince Andrew, and his affiliation with convicted sex offender Jeffery Epstein.
Beatrice got engaged to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi earlier this year, but a source close to the 31-year-old princess tells ET that she has yet to set a wedding date, despite reports that she'll wed in 2020.
In regard to her 59-year-old father, the source says "the family is very disappointed in the situation" involving Prince Andrew, adding that he has “embarrassed the family.”
"Everyone right now is concerned about Bea," the source says. "Poor Bea. She deserves to have the wedding she wants and the public is going to go nuts [because of her father]."
Over the weekend, numerous media outlets reported that Beatrice canceled her scheduled engagement party at Chiltern Firehouse in London on Dec. 18, due to fears the paparazzi will swarm her father. A rep for Buckingham Palace would not confirm these reports, telling ET, "This would be a private matter and we would not comment on it."
Andrew stepped down from his royal duties on Nov. 20, following a controversial televised interview with the BBC about his ties to Epstein.
"It has become clear to me over the last few days that the circumstances relating to my former association with Jeffrey Epstein has become a major disruption to my family’s work and the valuable work going on in the many organizations and charities that I am proud to support," Prince Andrew said in a statement last month. "I continue to unequivocally regret my ill-judged association with Jeffrey Epstein. His suicide has left many unanswered questions, particularly for his victims, and I deeply sympathize with everyone who has been affected and wants some form of closure. I can only hope that, in time, they will be able to rebuild their lives. Of course, I am willing to help any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations, if required."
Royal expert Katie Nicholl told ET that the decision to have Andrew step down from his royal duties must have been especially difficult for his mother, Queen Elizabeth II.
"It must have been incredibly hard for the queen, his mother -- Andrew is widely regarded to be her favorite son -- but she recognized that there was a huge amount of damage being done to the monarchy," Nicholl said. "He had no option, the queen had no option, but for Andrew to step back from royal duties."
Here's more on the scandal surrounding the prince:
Watch the latest episode from Yahoo UK's The Royal Story