Broward County’s top athletes continue to impress as spring sports teams geared up for the stretch run of their seasons.
This week, we continue a weekly feature where we ask you to vote for the best performer of the week in Broward County high school sports.
Below is a look at the five candidates from last week’s action. Take our poll below to cast your vote. The poll will be open until Thursday, April 6, around 10 p.m.
You may vote as often as you like until then.
Here are the candidates from last week’s events:
▪ Chantalle Guillou, Archbishop McCarthy, softball: Guillou struck out nine and threw six no-hit innings to help the Mavericks to a 4-2 upset win over American Heritage.
▪ Riley Andres, St. Thomas Aquinas, girls’ water polo: Andres had 15 combined goals to lead the Raiders to wins over Western and Fort Lauderdale and a district championship.
▪ Mason Elrod, West Broward, baseball: Elrod went 3 for 4 with two home runs and five RBI to lead the Bobcats to a 10-9 walk-off win over Taravella. Elrod also went 2 for 2 with two doubles in a win against Cardinal Gibbons.
▪ Bruno Schafer, Flanagan, baseball: Schafer went 2 for 4 with a double and the go-ahead home run that helped the Falcons beat St. Thomas Aquinas 6-5.
▪ Christien Moreau, American Heritage, boys’ track and field: Moreau won the discus in 45.72 meters and the shot put with a throw of 16.08 meters at the University of Florida Relays.