Point-of-Care Glucose Testing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Accu-Chek Inform II, Freestyle Lite), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, LATAM, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028
New York, Aug. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Reportlinker.com announces the release of the report "Point-of-Care Glucose Testing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Region And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028" - https://www.reportlinker.com/p06126803/?utm_source=GNW
Point-of-Care Glucose Testing Market Growth & Trends
The global point-of-care glucose testing market size is expected to reach USD 4.1 billion by 2028 growing at a CAGR of 3.9%. An increase in the demand for point-of-care testing (POCT) has been witnessed in recent years. As compared to the conventional laboratory testing performed central lab settings, glucose POCT aids in performing effective diagnosis at the patient’s bedside. Easy and convenient operation of POCT has largely favored the growing usage of glucose meters across medical settings.
The demand for performing bedside monitoring of blood sugar levels efficiently in a capillary blood sample and the need to ensure better management of carbohydrate metabolism has propelled the point-of-care glucose testing market players to launch innovative glucose meters in the market. Various companies are investing in the development of needle-less blood glucose monitoring devices to offer painless management of diabetes in patients.
For instance, GlucoTrack - a product manufactured by Integrity Applications (Israel) performs quantification using electromagnetic, ultrasonic, and thermal waves in combination.In addition, Eversense is another painless glucose monitoring subcutaneous implant offered by Senseonics.
This implant is able to quantify glucose levels in interstitial fluid when placed beneath the skin. This is followed by data transmission to show the results in real time.
The latest no-code monitoring systems help in minimizing the errors that occur due to incorrect entry of strip codes. Whereas, others are incorporating noble metals such as silver, gold, and platinum which effectively reduces the electrical noise further improving accuracy.
Point-of-Care Glucose Testing Market Report Highlights
• Accu-Chek Inform II accounted for the largest revenue share in 2018 and is anticipated to maintain this trend throughout the forecast period
• Bayer CONTOUR blood glucose monitoring system is set to grow with a CAGR of 5.5% from 2019-2025
• In terms of volume, the i-STAT ranked above all owing to its multipurpose utility in the diagnostics industry
• North America is the leading regional market due to the higher penetration of novel diagnostic techniques
• Asia Pacific has registered the fastest growth rate owing to numerous untapped growth opportunities in diagnostics and ever-increasing prevalence of diabetes
• A robust network of local manufacturers has significantly contributed to the revenue generated in this region Some of the key market participants are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Abbott, LifeScan, Inc., and Nova Biomedical among others
Read the full report: https://www.reportlinker.com/p06126803/?utm_source=GNW
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
CONTACT: Clare: email@example.com US: (339)-368-6001 Intl: +1 339-368-6001