The PGA Tour is off and running again after a nearly three-month hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tiger Woods, however, is taking his time before rejoining the action.
Woods — after skipping this week’s Charles Schwab Challenge in Texas, the first event back — will not play in next week’s RBC Heritage in Hilton Head, South Carolina, after missing Friday’s deadline to commit.
Woods has played just three times on Tour this season, and picked up his 82nd career win at the ZOZO Championship in October. He finished T9 at the Farmers Insurance Open in January but then struggled at The Genesis Open just weeks later. Back stiffness kept him out of three more events, including The Players Championship — which was canceled after the first round due to the coronavirus pandemic.
He did, though, play in The Match charity round with Phil Mickelson, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady last month. He said during that event that his back was feeling much better, and had previously said he was healthy enough to compete in The Masters had it taken place as scheduled in April.
Assuming he’s not faced any setbacks health-wise, Woods should jump back on Tour in the near future in order to get some real rounds in before the first major championship of the year — the rescheduled PGA Championship on Aug. 6.
With the RBC Heritage no longer an option, Woods could jump in at the Travelers Championship or the Rocket Mortgage Classic, the next two events on the schedule. The Memorial Tournament on July 16, however, could be a more-likely restarting point for the 44-year-old, as he’s won that event five times in his career.
Despite Woods’ absence, the RBC Heritage has a competitive field headed to Harbour Town next week — including top-ranked Rory McIlroy, Brooks Koepka, Justin Thomas, Rickie Fowler, Dustin Johnson and more.
Until Woods reveals when he’s going to start playing again, however, it seems the golf world will have to just sit and wait.
More from Yahoo Sports: