Alaska National Guard members aided in recovery efforts in Newtok, Alaska, on Thursday, September 22, as a part of Operation Merbok Response, “after the remnants of Typhoon Merbok caused dramatic flooding” in the area, according to DVIDS.
Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy issued a disaster declaration on Saturday.
The joint task force included members of the Alaska National Guard, Alaska State Defense Force and Alaska Naval Militia, according to the DVIDS.
Video shared by DVIDS on Thursday shows the task force at work in Newtok. Credit: DVIDS via Storyful
- There you go. Not too hot.
- It's good to know that you showed us how.
- I was missing my workout, anyways.
- Way to display that excellence power.
- I know this house was a disaster.
- Oh, yeah.
- I mean, they said they shift from the permafrost.
- He said it's been like that.