Nagpur Horror: Woman Raped, Forced to Perform Self-Abortion at Home; Lover Arrested

·2 min read

Nagpur, September 25: Police in Maharashtra's Nagpur have arrested a man who is accused of sexually exploiting a 24-year-old woman and forcing her to abort when she became pregnant. The incident took place under the limits of Yashodhara Nagar police station in north Nagpur. The matter came to light when the rape survivor performed self-abortion at her home after watching videos on YouTube. Nagpur Woman Duped of Rs 4.22 Lakh by Man She Met on Matrimonial Site.

Also Read | Maharashtra Shocker: Minor Girl Allegedly Raped By 22-Year-Old Man in Thane's Bhayandar; Accused Arrested

The accused, identified as Sohail Wahab Khan, and the woman have been in a relationship for around six years. In her statement, the woman told police that Khan had sexually exploited her repeatedly since 2016. According to a report by Times of India, when she became pregnant, Khan allegedly told her to watch videos on YouTube for self-abortion. She reportedly performed abortion by cutting the umbilical cord at home when her family was away. Maharashtra Horror: Minor Girl Gangraped Twice In Nagpur In Less Than 4 Hours After She Left Home Due to Argument With Family Members; Four Arrested.

The report said the fetus was buried by Khan in Taj Nagar burial ground. While the incident took place a few week ago, the woman's family approached the police this week. "The family of the victim felt that Khan had ditched her with false promises as he was already a family man with a child and did not have enough income," an officer was quoted as saying.

Also Read | Rape Accused Student, Whom Gauhati High Court Called 'Future Asset', Expelled From IIT-Guwahati

The cops came to know that Khan, a driver, is married twice earlier in the past. After divorcing his first wife, he had married for the second time a few years back and also had a son. Acting on the complaint, the police on September 23 registered a case of rape against Khan and took him into custody. Yesterday, a forensic team made an unsuccessful attempt to exhume the remains of the fetus.

"We were trying to exhume the remains of the fetus for DNA sampling but unfortunately it could not be traced. We are still trying to find the remains of the fetus," the officer said. The cops are conducting further investigation.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting