Mike Conley (Utah Jazz) with a buzzer beater vs the Sacramento Kings, 04/10/2021
Mike Conley (Utah Jazz) with a buzzer beater vs the Sacramento Kings, 04/10/2021
EMG, a leading global provider of broadcast facilities and media solutions, announced today that Shaun Gregory will join the company as Group CEO.
German minerals group K+S raised its 2021 core profit forecast on Tuesday following a rise in potash prices and strong demand for de-icing salts during a cold European winter. The company, which produces around 11% of the world's potash, an essential nutrient for crops, said it had seen good demand for the mineral across its key regions. First-quarter EBITDA rose 27% to 126 million euros, beating analysts' average forecast of 113 million euros in a company-provided poll.
Hannity once again challenged Kimmel to renew their war of words that first began in early 2018.
Davinson Sanchez and Joe Willock feature in today’s football rumour mill.
Finnish forestry firm Stora Enso said on Tuesday it would start supplying pulp for sustainable packaging company Pulpex, a research and development venture of British beverage maker Diageo. Stora Enso and Pulpex will also work together to build a scalable high speed production line for bottles and other packages out of pulp fibre in a commercial capacity in 2022, the companies said in a joint statement. "The first high-speed line will be a demonstrator to show whether we can do this on an industrial scale and at the cost level we are expecting," said Sohrab Kazemahvazi, senior vice- president of Stora's formed fiber unit.
The examinations for Class 10 and Class 12 are held twice a year. A student will get nine chances to appear for the exams over a period of five years
Ludhiana (Punjab) [India], May 11 (ANI): Amid rising cases of Coronavirus, people were seen flouting COVID-19 guidelines at the largest vegetable market of Punjab, the Ludhiana Sabzi Mandi on Tuesday.
Man tests positive to Covid in Melbourne days after completing hotel quarantine in South Australia. The man, aged in his 30s, tested positive Tuesday morning after returning to his home in Melbourne’s north on 4 May . NSW restrictions: what you can and can’t do under new coronavirus rules . NSW Covid hotspots: list and map of Sydney case locations
Corporate insolvencies in Germany fell by 21.8% on the year in February, the Federal Statistics Office said on Tuesday, continuing a downtrend that saw them hit their lowest level since 1999 last year thanks to a waiver during the pandemic. Germany introduced the waiver last March, when the COVID-19 pandemic hit, part of a package of measures aimed at supporting businesses but which gave rise to the charge that the government was simply propping up "zombie companies" with no future. Insolvencies duly fell.
Yahoo Lifestyle SEA takes a look at some of the fitness classes you can attend at certain indoor gyms and fitness studios here in Singapore.
The book makes one appreciate the challenges behind making a medtech product in India, while also showcasing the kind of roadblocks that an innovator faces when bringing their products to markets.
Dialog's highly efficient, cost effective PMICs, deliver "Exact Fit" power solutions LONDON, UK / ACCESSWIRE / May 11, 2021 / Dialog Semiconductor plc(XETRA:DLG), a leading provider of battery and power management, Wi-Fi(R), Bluetooth(R) low energy (BLE) and Industrial edge computing solutions, today announced that it has extended its partnership with SiFive, Inc the industry leader in RISC-V processors and silicon solutions. Dialog is SiFive's preferred power management partner for its HiFive Unmatched, a PC form-factor RISC-V Linux Development Platform for the SiFive Freedom U740 RISC-V SoC.
Latest developments as unrest escalates after days of mounting tensions
What is the deadly ‘black fungus’ seen in Covid patients in India?. Usually very rare, mucormycosis has a high mortality rate and is difficult to treat
New Delhi [India], May 11 (ANI): On the occasion of National Technology Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi lauded Indian scientists and also remembered the 1998 Pokhran Tests, which "demonstrated India's scientific and technological prowess".
New Delhi [India], May 11 (ANI): Defence Minister Rajnath Singh will visit the Atal Bihari Vajpayee Covid Hospital set up by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in Lucknow today.
A ‘step change’ in global renewable power growth must be matched by shifts to industry and transport if world is to meet climate goals, an analyst tells The Independent
On Hannity Monday night, Sean Hannity went after Jimmy Kimmel for what he said about Caitlyn Jenner on Jimmy Kimmel Live last Thursday. A night earlier, Hannity interviewed Jenner in her Malibu airplane hangar, during which she spoke about a conversation she’d had with another private plane owner who was leaving California because of the homeless problem. “Is it transphobic to call a trans person an ignorant a-hole?” Kimmel asked. “Or does calling that trans person an ignorant a-hole, even though she happens to be a trans person, show that we don't discriminate against ignorant a-holes no matter their gender orientation?” “Jimmy, what is with all the anger and all the cheap shots?” Hannity shot back. “Yeah, in case you haven’t noticed, homeless people all over your state. And by the way, don’t you have anything better to do? Maybe actually trying to be funny or boost your dismal ratings?” Hannity then called out Kimmel for bits he’d done on Comedy Central’s The Man Show in the early 2000s (which was co-hosted by frequent Fox News guest Adam Corolla), and once again challenged Kimmel to renew their feud from 2018. “Let’s remind people, take a trip down memory lane,” Hannity said. “You wanna talk about ignorant a**holes? This is you dressed as Karl Malone. And check this out. This is you, an ignorant a**hole, when you had a cucumber in your pants during The Man Show. Maybe your bosses at Disney can talk you out of your bad behavior. You talk about my show, I’ll hit you back 50 times harder. Ball’s in your court.”
‘This is exciting for artists’: is this project the future of billboards?. An ambitious interactive structure in West Hollywood is the first part of a new initiative set to bridge outdoor advertising and public art
ROME — A top World Health Organization official has strongly denied making false statements to Italian prosecutors about a spiked U.N. report into Italy’s coronavirus response, doubling down on his assertions in court documents obtained by The Associated Press. Dr. Ranieri Guerra, a WHO special adviser, outlined his position in a 40-page response, with a 495-page annex, to prosecutors who placed him under investigation last month for having allegedly made false statements to them when he was questioned Nov. 5. The prosecutors’ claims create a picture “that is quite different from the reality of the facts and above all, are imprecise and don’t adhere to the reconstruction of events that Dr. Guerra provided,” said the response signed by Guerra’s Rome-based attorney, Roberto De Vita. Prosecutors are investigating the huge COVID-19 death toll in the Lombardy province of Bergamo, which was hit hardest when Italy became the epicenter of the pandemic in Europe last year. Their investigation initially focused on whether delayed lockdowns in Bergamo contributed to the toll, but has expanded to include whether Italy’s overall preparedness going into the crisis played a role. That second path of investigation was sparked by controversy over a WHO report into Italy’s response that was published by the U.N. health agency May 13, 2020 but taken down a day later from the WHO website and never republished. The ensuing scandal revealed that Italy’s pandemic preparedness plan hadn’t been updated since 2006, and the report’s disappearance suggested that WHO had spiked it to spare the Italian government criticism and potential liability. WHO has said it was removed because it contained inaccuracies and was published prematurely. Guerra, who was serving as a WHO liaison with the Italian government during the crisis, has not been charged. But he became embroiled in the scandal after the co-ordinator of the report, Dr. Francesco Zambon, accused Guerra of pressuring him to alter data in the report to make it appear that the pandemic plan had been “updated” in 2016-2017 when it had not. Bergamo prosecutors have said the preparedness plan should have been updated during Guerra’s 2014-2017 tenure as head of prevention at the Italian Health Ministry to reflect new international guidance from the WHO and European Commission in 2009 and 2013. In the new document, Guerra argued the WHO guidelines weren’t compulsory and that the EU guidance was primarily about co-ordination with other states, not about internal pandemic plans. Guerra also noted that before he left the ministry to join the WHO in 2017, he wrote the then-minister alerting her that Italy needed a new pandemic preparedness plan. As a result, his response said, prosecutors should “verify if the action initiated by Dr. Guerra in September 2017 was followed by those who succeeded him.” In addition, Guerra pointed the finger at Italy's regions, which are largely responsible for health care: He argued national preparedness plans are only designed to provide organizational planning, while individual regions are responsible for putting the plans into concrete action with local legislation and policies of their own. Guerra also said he had nothing to do with the decision to spike the report and that the original impetus came from WHO’s Beijing office, which objected to a politically sensitive timeline of the China origins of COVID-19. “Kindly pull the document off the web immediately. Consider this an emergency,” WHO’s China representative, Gauden Galea, wrote Zambon and others May 14 in an email contained in the annex. “This document is inaccurate and contradicts the HQ timeline in a couple of places.” Zambon has acknowledged he took the report off the web because of the China inaccuracy, fixed it, and reprinted the report. But WHO never put it back up on the website. The Bergamo prosecutors outlined their allegations against Guerra in a March 8 rogatory request to the Italian justice and foreign ministries, seeking their assistance in forwarding specific questions to the WHO as part of the investigation. Included in the prosecutors' document were transcripts of WhatsApp chats between Guerra and Dr. Silvio Brusaferro, president of Italy’s Superior Institutes of Health, in which Guerra appears to boast that he had intervened to have the report spiked. “In the end I went to Tedros and got the document removed,” Guerra wrote Brusaferro May 14, 2020, referring to WHO’s director-general, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. In his response to prosecutors, Guerra questioned the authenticity of the partial WhatsApp chats and said they lacked necessary context to be understood. Regardless, he said, the content “has no relevance with respect to the declared investigation." The WHO press office has denied that Tedros was involved in spiking the report and insisted it was taken down based on “inaccuracies and inconsistencies” in the text, which it said hadn’t cleared all approvals. Guerra's lawyer, De Vita, said in an interview that Guerra has suffered greatly from the months of controversy over the report and was embittered to now find himself under investigation, when he freely went to prosecutors to contribute what he knew as a scientist and civil servant. “He could have, as others probably did, availed himself of functional diplomatic immunity," De Vita said of Guerra's status as a U.N. official. “If he had something to hide, even remotely," he never would have gone. ___ Follow AP’s pandemic coverage at: https://apnews.com/hub/coronavirus-pandemic https://apnews.com/hub/coronavirus-vaccine https://apnews.com/UnderstandingtheOutbreak Nicole Winfield, The Associated Press