Taraji P. Henson portrays a professional hit woman in her new film, Proud Mary, and she’s sporting some badass looks. Our favorite: a blunt blond bob with bangs and matte red lipstick. Revenge never looked so good!
Excited to copy Henson’s killer red lips, we tapped Make Up for Ever’s executive director of education and artistry, Patrick Eichler, to share his tips and tricks. Pay close attention to see how he uses lip liner to lay down the foundation for long-lasting, vibrant color.
1. Brush Artist Face Color (Sculpt) S118 along cheekbone and jawline.
2. Highlight the face, focusing on the upper cheekbone and bridge of nose, with Artist Face Color (Highlight) H106.https://www.makeupforever.com/int/en-int/make-up/eyes/eye-shadow/artist-color-shadow.
3. Apply a taupe eyeshadow like Artist Color Shadow S632 to lids as a neutral base.
4. Then tap Artist Color Shadow ME624 (a dark brown) into the outer crease to add dimension.
5. A brow highlight will work to conceal stray hairs and accentuate eyebrows. Try: Artist Color Shadow I648.
6. Trace on a black cream liner or draw on Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow with a fine brush along upper and lower lids.
7. Use Smoky Extravagant Mascara to coat top and bottom lashes.
Hairstyling details: Stylist Tatiana Ramos for Mizani first cut the blond wig into a blunt shape. Then she applied a combination of HD Shyne Lightweight Spray and Lived-In Texture Creation Cream to give the hair piece a subtle shine and gritty texture. To finish, she smoothed out the strands with a nylon bristle brush.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- Reese Witherspoon’s smoky pink Golden Globes eye look made her whole face glow
- How to copy Daisy Ridley’s ‘Star Wars’ hair buns — no Jedi mind tricks involved
- This natural hair tutorial was made for curly girls who don’t have time to do their hair