TGT earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
The Colorado Avalanche acquired goaltender Devan Dubynk from the San Jose Sharks on Saturday in exchange for defenceman Greg Pateryn and a fifth-round pick in the 2021 draft. Dubnyk, 34, gives NHL-leading Colorado some insurance in net behind starter Philipp Grubauer. Dubnyk has 26 games of Stanley Cup playoff experience during his career. This season, he has a 3.18 goals-against average and .898 save percentage for struggling San Jose. “Devan brought the element of consummate professionalism and class to our dressing room in what has been an extremely unique and challenging season,” Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said. “He fit seamlessly within our group and helped mentor many of our younger players. We thank him for his contributions to our club on and off the ice this season and wish him the best in Colorado.” Dubnyk and Pateryn are set to become free agents after this season. Colorado acquired Pateryn earlier this season in a salary-shedding deal that sent defenceman Ian Cole to Minnesota. The Avalanche have made two trades in two days after acquiring defenceman Patrik Nemeth from Detroit for a fourth-round pick on Friday. Their 58 points through 40 games are the most in the league and have them four up on Vegas for first place in the West Division. Grubauer has been at the centre of that success. He leads the league with 24 victories and has a 1.87 GAA and .922 save percentage in 33 games but has never played in more than 37 games during a regular season in his NHL career. Colorado GM Joe Sakic may not be done dealing. With goalie Pavel Francouz and defenceman Erik Johnson on long-term injured reserve and even without San Jose retaining any of Dubnyk's salary, the Avalanche have $4.4 million more in space to use before the deadline Monday afternoon. ___ More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports Stephen Whyno, The Associated Press
The star, who appeared on the seventh series of Big Brother in 2006, had been fighting anorexia.
TORONTO — An Ontario pilot project offering COVID-19 vaccines to migrant farm workers got underway on Saturday at Toronto's international airport. Avi Yufest, spokesman for the Ontario agriculture ministry, told The Canadian Press the program "went well" as the government offered shots to more than 200 workers landing on an early-morning flight from Mexico. Officials from the ministries of health and agriculture, health-care practitioners and representatives from the Mexican Consulate were also at Pearson International Airport to meet the group, offering doses of the Moderna vaccine after the workers cleared customs. The vaccines were administered in a screened-off area after recipients took a mandatory COVID-19 test. Yufest said there were "no major glitches" in the rollout, but that lessons learned from the first day would be introduced into a more permanent program that will offer shots to more workers arriving next week. The government has said it plans to follow up with farms to administer the second dose through the local public health unit. One such unit sounded a recent alarm about current vaccine supplies, raising the spectre of reduced clinic hours or even temporary shutdowns in the coming days if the situation doesn't improve. York Region Chairman Wayne Emmerson outlined his concerns in a Friday letter to Health minister Christine Elliott, saying a scarcity of Moderna shots leaves the region unable to sustain its current pace of immunizations. "Given this acute need for our clinics to continue vaccinating prioritized groups, we appeal both to you Minister, and to all our York Region MPPs, for your assistance to acquire any vaccines that can be directed to York Region before next week and keep our clinics fully operational," the letter read. The Ministry of Health did not immediately respond to request for comment on the letter. Vaccination efforts continued elsewhere, however, with some high-profile politicians getting in on the action. Toronto Mayor John Tory received his first dose of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine at a downtown pharmacy on Saturday morning. “I’m completely confident taking it as it’s been taken by millions of people around the world," Tory said. "So, no nervousness whatsoever." Ontario Premier Doug Ford received his first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine on Friday, saying he wanted to get the shot in front of media to help encourage people to get immunized and combat vaccine hesitancy. Meanwhile, Ontario reported 3,813 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday and 19 additional deaths associated with the virus. Health Minister Christine Elliott said there were 973 new cases in Toronto, 669 in Peel Region, and 442 in York Region. Ottawa and Durham Region also logged high daily counts with 289 and 281, respectively. Government figures showed 1,524 patients currently in Ontario hospitals due to COVID-19, with 585 in intensive care and 384 on a ventilator. Those figures were released hours after the province issued a pair of emergency orders intended to address a major influx of COVID-19 patients requiring hospital care. They include a directive allowing hospitals to transfer patients to other facilities without their consent, as well as one granting the province power to redeploy dozens of workers from home-care organizations and Ontario Health — the body that oversees the health system — to hospitals during a surge. Hospitals will begin scaling back elective surgeries as of Monday as they try to keep pace with COVID-19-related demands. Ontario said 104,783 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine were administered in the province since Friday's report. It's the fourth straight day more than 100,000 vaccines have been given out in the province. A total of 3,044,949 vaccine doses have been administered in Ontario so far. The province completed more than 61,400 tests since the last report. This report by The Canadian Press was first published April 10, 2021. The Canadian Press
Djibouti’s President Ismail Omar Guelleh won a fifth five-year term on Saturday after an election boycotted by most of the opposition, securing over 97% of the votes cast, official data from the Interior Ministry on Saturday showed. Friday's vote pitted only one challenger against the incumbent - relative newcomer Zakaria Ismail Farah. The Interior Ministry data showed that he came second with 2.48% of the 177,391 votes cast.
English soccer is altering its schedule to avoid a clash with the funeral of Prince Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth II, on April 17. The English Football League, which runs the three divisions below the top-flight Premier League, said the matches scheduled to start at 3 p.m. that day will be moved so they don't clash with the funeral service beginning at the same time. “The EFL will now work with its clubs to determine at what time the matches will be played, giving consideration to the timing of the service,” the league said in a statement on Saturday.
British authorities have implored people to stay away from royal palaces as they mourn the death of Prince Philip in this time of COVID-19, but they keep coming. Not just to honor him, but to support Queen Elizabeth II, who lost her husband of 73 years. A cross-section of British society and admirers from abroad descended on Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle on Saturday.
"I had, like, a physical reaction the first time that I watched it, like [an] anxiety attack," Demi Lovato said of Demi Lovato: Dancing with the Devil
New York, New York--(Newsfile Corp. - April 10, 2021) - WHY: Rosen Law Firm, a global investor rights law firm, reminds purchasers of the securities of APA Corporation f/k/a Apache Corporation (NASDAQ: APA) between September 7, 2016 and March 13, 2020, inclusive (the "Class Period") of the important April 26, 2021 lead plaintiff deadline.SO WHAT: If you purchased Apache securities during the Class Period you may be entitled to compensation without payment of any ...
A U.S. Army lieutenant filed a lawsuit against two Virginia police officers in federal court over what court papers say was a violent traffic stop, where officers pointed their guns, knocked him to the ground, pepper sprayed him and "threatened to murder him." The suit, filed by Army officer Caron Nazario on April 2 in the U.S. District Court of Norfolk, Virginia, against Windsor policemen Joe Gutierrez and Daniel Crocker, alleges violations to his constitutional rights, and includes assault, illegal search and illegal detention. The incident captured on video comes at a time of heightened awareness over police arrests of minorities and racial justice, in the wake of the ongoing televised trial of former Minneapolis policeman Derek Chauvin following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died in police custody last May.
Kai Havertz stars as free-flowing Chelsea steamroller Crystal Palace
MILAN — Zlatan Ibrahimovic set up two goals but was also sent off as AC Milan won 3-1 at relegation-threatened Parma on Saturday to keep its small Serie A title hopes alive. Ibrahimovic had a hand in both Milan’s first-half goals but was shown a straight red card on the hour mark. Riccardo Gagliolo reduced the deficit but substitute Rafael Leão sealed the result in stoppage time as Milan moved to within eight points of league leader Inter Milan, which hosts Cagliari on Sunday. Milan is in a tight fight for second place with Juventus and Atalanta. Both play on Sunday. In Parma, Milan got off to a perfect start as Ibrahimovic sent a throughball to Ante Rebic, who gathered with his back to goal, spun round and fired powerfully into the top right corner. The 39-year-old Ibrahimovic was also involved in Milan’s second, a minute from the break. Theo Hernández played a one-two with the Sweden forward and touched it onto Franck Kessié, who drilled into the bottom left corner. Parma had a triple chance to get back into the match five minutes into the second half but Milan goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma pulled off a double save to deny first Andrea Conti and then Graziano Pellè, and Juraj Kucka’s attempt was over the bar. Ibrahimovic was sent off shortly after for something he appeared to say to referee Fabio Maresca and Parma got back into the match six minutes later. A ball was floated to the back post and Pellè nodded it across to Gagliolo, who managed to prod in from close range. Milan held on and made sure of all three points when Diogo Dalot raced down the right and rolled across for fellow substitute Leão to fire into the bottom right corner, shortly after coming off the bench. COMEBACK WIN Spezia scored two goals in the dying minutes to complete its comeback and beat bottom-place Crotone 3-2. Martin Erlic scored one and set up another as Spezia moved 10 points above the relegation zone. Crotone remained nine points below 17th-place Torino, which visits Udinese later. Crotone broke the deadlock in spectacular fashion, five minutes from halftime. Koffi Djidji chested the ball down with his back to goal, near the edge of the penalty area, and the defender scored on the turn with a half volley which looped over the goalkeeper and under the crossbar. Daniele Verde levelled in the 63rd but Simy restored Crotone’s lead 15 minutes later. Crotone appeared to be heading for its first win after three successive defeats but Erlic found an unmarked Giulio Maggiore to net the equalizer in the 89th minute. And three minutes later Erlic scored the winner. Ardian Ismajli’s header came off the crossbar and Erlic noded in the rebound from close range. ___ More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports Daniella Matar, The Associated Press
The duke’s funeral will take place in Windsor Castle on April 17,
NASA has delayed the first flight of its Mars helicopter to at least April 14 after an issue during a test.
Kai Havertz scored for only the sixth time in a Chelsea shirt in the routine victory.
Prince Charles remembers ‘dear papa’ as details of funeral emerge. Service to be held at Windsor on 17 April and include Duke of Edinburgh’s request that his coffin be borne on a Land Rover
The duke died peacefully in his sleep on Friday at the age of 99.
A total of 710,852 COVID-19 vaccine doses have been administered in Toronto as the city continues to work with health-care partners, pharmacies and Toronto Public Health in its rollout plan. Currently, people aged 50 and older who live in high-risk areas as identified by postal code can book vaccination appointments online or by phone at city-run COVID-19 immunization clinics. On Saturday, Mayor John Tory received his first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine at a pharmacy on Queen Street West. "I hope people will see, first of all it was utterly without any consequence or pain of any kind whatsoever and secondly, understand that any of the vaccines that have been approved, they wouldn't have been approved by Health Canada if they weren't safe and effective for people," Tory said after getting the shot. "This one was the AstraZeneca one and I'm completely confident taking it because it has been approved by our Health Canada and it has been given to millions of people around the world. "I think what's really important is just get vaccinated, it doesn't matter which one, just get a vaccination if you are eligible," Tory added. Vaccinating essential workers where they live Following this week's provincial announcement that everyone in Ontario's hardest-hit neighbourhoods aged 18 and up can get vaccinated, Toronto's approach is shifting further toward vaccinating essential workers where they live — in areas where we know there are high COVID-19 case counts, the city said in a news release on Saturday. It says hospital and health-care partners have clinics up and running, vaccinating residents in hot spot neighbourhoods right now. Several neighbourhoods in and around Toronto are home to the largest proportion of racialized workers who have disproportionately borne the impact of the pandemic. Yet, they were not included in phase one of the province's vaccination rollout. In Toronto's east end, Michael Garron Hospital is hoping to administer 1,000 doses of Moderna's COVID-19 vaccine on Saturday to residents in two hard-hit neighbourhoods, Thorncliffe Park and Flemingdon Park. Abdullah Alazzawi says he 'feel more alive, more free,' after receiving his first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine at a pop-up clinic in Thorncliffe Park Saturday morning.(CBC News) Abdullah Alazzawi said he got to the site at 5 a.m. to secure a spot in the line. "It's an amazing feeling, I feel more alive, more free," he told CBC News. "I think more people should get the vaccine." Alazzawi said it was a hectic process but was worth the wait. "I think they should speed up the process a little bit, get a lot more people vaccinated so a lot more people have a chance to be safe and live with their loved ones safely," he said. More than 222,000 appointments booked On Friday, Scarborough Health Network held a mobile clinic at a high school in a hot spot neighbourhood where they vaccinated staff and students. As of Saturday morning, the city says approximately 222,085 people have booked COVID-19 vaccination appointments at a city-run clinic, an increase of 52,115 people since the vaccine eligibility was expanded on Friday. The city says there are appointments still available and eligible residents are encouraged to book an appointment through the dark blue 'Book a Vaccine' button with the added option of booking by phone through the provincial vaccine information line at 1-888-999-6488. The city and health-care partners are working to operate a total of approximately 34 clinics Saturday, including mobile teams and on-site clinics, to vaccinate priority groups identified by the province of Ontario's priority framework. These clinics are only vaccinating those in the priority groups who have confirmed appointments.
Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in east London. The 80-year-old woman was found in a bath at a house in Ilford. A 54-year-old has been taken into custody
On the grass in the Quadrangle will be representative detachments drawn from Philip’s military special relationships.
Prince Harry will fly to the UK to attend his grandfather Prince Philip’s funeral without his pregnant wife, Meghan Markle, a royal spokesperson confirmed Saturday. “The Duke of Sussex is planning to attend. The Duchess of Sussex has been advised by her physician not to travel. So the duke will be attending,” said a Buckingham […]