Never underestimate the power of the internet to amuse, especially as people pass the time during the coronavirus pandemic. This week, celebrities including Kirstie Alley, Jared Padalecki and The Bachelor alum Colton Underwood joined the many sharing a list of five jobs they’d worked in their life.
And speaking of The Bachelor, the outlandish occupations that contestants often have on that show would fit right in here. Consider Cheers alum Alley was once a dandelion picker. Jane Lynch, perhaps known to audiences for playing Sue Sylvester on Glee, was both a fitting room number-hander and a triplicate separator, while Supernatural star Padalecki counted the professions of his many TV and movie characters, hence his stint as “Satan’s Vessel.”
5 jobs I’ve had:— Kirstie Alley (@kirstiealley) March 19, 2020
2. Swim teacher
3. Dandelion picker
4. Interior designer
5. Lifeguard https://t.co/k7Jt6OrpW6
1) Fitting room number-hander 2) Bus girl 3) Triplicate separator 4) switch board operator 5) convenient store cashier https://t.co/pyW1EQElSs— Jane Lynch (@janemarielynch) March 18, 2020
Underwood included boyfriend among the jobs he’s worked. As fans of The Bachelor know, he’s currently playing that part for Cassie Randolph, the woman he first romanced on the reality show.
Five jobs I’ve had:— Colton Underwood (@colton) March 19, 2020
2. Denim Retail
3. Office assistant
5. Boyfriend https://t.co/LR5rjSTp1t
TV journalist Soleded O’Brien was something called a “horse stall mucker,” which sounds awful. She also listed that she was once an aide to a pharmacist who was later indicted. Let’s hope she explains that over Twitter soon.
5 jobs I’ve had:— Soledad O'Brien (@soledadobrien) March 18, 2020
1. Horse stall mucker
2. Abstract editor
3. Pharmacy Aide (pharmacist later indicted, long story)
4. Sales clerk at a dress shop
5. Nurses Aide https://t.co/uLaMlrrtjg
5 jobs I’ve had:— Kathy Griffin (@kathygriffin) March 18, 2020
1. Cashier in a card/magazine store
2. Drive thru bank teller
3. Kelly Girl Temp
4. Lemonade stand at the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles
5. Stonewashed Jeans store. Manager. https://t.co/KwR6FYPUhQ
5 Jobs I’ve had.— Yahya Abdul-Mateen 2 (@yahya) March 18, 2020
Mens League YMCA Referee 🤣🤣
•Photographer!! (One of my very first jobs was shooting somebody’s WEDDING!! Hahahaha Outta Pocket!!)
Five jobs I've had— Rachel Bloom (@Racheldoesstuff) March 19, 2020
2) Reservationist at a restaurant that was way too fancy for me
3) Working retail at Max Brenner Union Square
4) Singing waitress on a boat
5) Pretending to be various people getting "pranked" on the radio https://t.co/T9RFfwEI2b
Five jobs I’ve had:— Ginger Zee (@Ginger_Zee) March 18, 2020
1. waiter/bartender at a country club (lots of weddings)
2. Aerobics instructor/personal trainer
3. Adjunct professor
4. Substitute teacher
Now let’s see yours. https://t.co/Oux4HV0IdM
Gotham actor Donal Logue outdid himself and listed 11 of his previous gigs, including janitor and security guard.
Eleven jobs I've had:— donal logue (@donallogue) March 20, 2020
1) Paper boy
2) Lawn mowing co.
3) Record store
4) Sporting goods store- Driscoll's!
5) Electronic assembly
7) Security Guard
8) Bar tender
9) Telemarketer - (gnarliest soul sucker of a gig, sorry if I called you)
10) Truck driver
He kindly apologized to anyone he had called up during his job as a telemarketer, which he found to be the “gnarliest soul sucker of a gig.”
Related Video: ‘My First Job’ with Keanu Reeves
Read more from Yahoo Entertainment:
Want daily pop culture news delivered to your inbox? Sign up here for Yahoo Entertainment & Lifestyle's newsletter.