Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid was a problem for the Raptors in their playoff series and Chris Boucher learned all about it. Also, what was with that shot to the back Embiid gave Boucher in Game 6? Listen to the full episode on the 'Hustle Play' podcast feed or watch on our Yahoo Sports Canada YouTube.
Photo credit: Louis Eng
- Playing against Joel Embiid--
CHRIS BOUCHER: Mm-hmm.
- --um, I mean, people get to see him on television, but--
CHRIS BOUCHER: That boy huge, man.
- That's exactly what I was about to say. Listen, when I'm out there pregame on that court hours before the game started, I'm watching you warm up and the rest of the guys from both teams. That is a massive human being.
CHRIS BOUCHER: Hell yeah, man.
- Like massive. What is it like playing against him before I ask you about the brawl that almost broke out between the both of you?
CHRIS BOUCHER: I always felt like I was a giant. I always call myself a giant. And like, somebody that was like just-- like I was like, oh, yeah, you know, I'm taller than everybody, you know? But like, he has like-- he's like a fridge. Like, he's literally huge. Like, if you walk by him, it makes you realize, OK, well, at any point, this guy like-- some fouls that he does and stuff, you're like, if that guy really wanted to hit you or really want to do something bad, you're not getting up. Like, he could just fall on you and I don't think you could get up. Like, you step on Scott, he's burning his leg. like--
- I thought he could have injured you with that cheap shot he gave you in the back.
CHRIS BOUCHER: Yeah, that was kind of wrong. I don't even know why he did that. You already won the game. But to be honest with you, like, he had a lot of plays where we ain't go easy on him either. But that was there to play. I think that was just-- he didn't have to do that, to be honest with you. Like, I was even looking like you could box me out so easy. Like, I barely boxed out. I usually just jump over. So, yeah, it was a bad. I didn't like the play. But I do respect him a lot.