KC BBQ, Korean hot dogs, Mexican ice pops: New menu items for Royals opening at The K
Aramark Sports + Entertainment, the hospitality provider at nine Major League Baseball stadiums including Kauffman Stadium, says it wants to create unforgettable moments for fans.
So it is rolling out several new menu items across the country.
At Kauffman Stadium that will include Kansas City barbecue, a Korean hot dog, a new burger and a sharable appetizer, available starting opening day on Thursday.
New concessions and chef collaborations
▪ KCQ will showcase three Kansas City area barbecue spots in an alternating series throughout the season: Chef J BBQ in the West Bottoms, Scott’s Kitchen and Catering at Hangar 29 in the Northland, and Smoak Craft Barbecue+, an Olathe-based catering and barbecue pop-up operation. (Section 232.) Dates will be on the websites of the barbecue operations.
“It’s pretty surreal, just working with the Aramark team already,” said Cade Colson, owner of Smoak with his brother, Seth. “The reason we started doing this craft barbecue was to make really good barbecue for as many people as we can. This is a great way to do it.”
▪ Local favorite Palacana will offer their fresh paletas — fruit or cream-based frozen treats — as well as tacos and aguas frescas. (Section 239.)
Ice cream, sorbets, smoothies, paletas: I love them all at this Kansas City shop
Seasons inning stretch
This is a new limited-time, seasonally inspired program. The spring menu offers pork belly tacos with anise pickled carrots, crumbled queso fresco, mint, arugula and chimichurri sauce on a soft shell taco. (At KC Cantina in Section 225.)
New items will be introduced in the summer and fall.
Classic ballpark eats (with a twist)
▪ Korean corn dog: Corn dog prepared in a panko and corn chips mix, served with sriracha ketchup for $15.49. (Craft & Draft in Section 301.)
▪ Rodeo Burger: With onion rings and Bullpen’s secret sauce for $10.29. (Bullpen Burgers and Shakes in Section 250.)
▪ Poutine fries: $12.09. (Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Pit in Section 251.)
▪ Shareable nachos: Tostitos chips with a choice of barbecue pulled pork, chipotle chicken or taco beef, served with shredded lettuce, green onions, salsa verde, queso blanco, cilantro lime sour cream and shredded cheese, for $24.99. (Sections 202, 234.)