Kansas City area multiple health code violations: China Star, Friends Sushi, more
Here are area restaurants with seven or more priority or critical health code violations, with highlighted links to some original public record reports.
Restaurants correct most violations at the time of the original inspection or shortly thereafter. Links to the follow-up inspections show how each establishment has corrected or is working to correct any remaining violations.
If an inspection or follow-up report needs clarification, restaurant and grocery store owners can call Joyce Smith at 816-234-4692 or email her at email@example.com. The Star will post appropriate responses in the same online locations as the original report.
The Kansas Department of Agriculture cited these operations for seven or more priority health code violations (direct links to the reports are not available).
▪ China Star, 4988 Roe Ave., Roeland Park, had 13 priority violations during a Jan. 25 routine inspection.
▪ Restaurante Tierra Caliente, 624 Kansas Ave., Kansas City, Kansas, had 13 priority violations during a Jan. 26 routine inspection.
▪ Side Pockets Restaurant & Sports Bar, 13320 W. 87th St., Lenexa, had 10 priority violations during a Jan. 25 routine inspection.
▪ Ricco’s Italian Bistro, 11801 College Blvd., Overland Park, had seven priority violations during a Jan. 24 routine inspection.
For complete Kansas health inspections, click here.
The Kansas City Health Department cited these operations for seven or more critical violations:
▪ Friends Sushi & Bento Place, 1808 W. 39th St., had seven critical violations during a Jan. 27 routine inspection.
▪ Planet Sub, 13161 State Line Road, had seven critical violations during a Jan. 27 routine inspection
For complete Kansas City-area reports, click here.