Justin Patton (Houston Rockets) with a 2-pointer vs the Cleveland Cavaliers, 02/24/2021
Justin Patton (Houston Rockets) with a 2-pointer vs the Cleveland Cavaliers, 02/24/2021
After trying to block a pass, Donovan Mitchell landed and rolled his right ankle hard on the court on Friday afternoon.
TEHRAN, Iran — Iran named a suspect Saturday in the attack on its Natanz nuclear facility that damaged centrifuges there, saying he had fled the country “hours before” the sabotage happened. While the extent of the damage from the April 11 sabotage remains unclear, it comes as Iran tries to negotiate with world powers over allowing the U.S. to re-enter its tattered nuclear deal and lift the economic sanctions it faces. Already, Iran has begun enriching uranium up to 60% purity in response — three times higher than ever before, though in small quantities. The sabotage and Iran's response to it also have further inflamed tensions across the Mideast, where a shadow war between Tehran and Israel, the prime suspect in the sabotage, still rages. State television named the suspect as 43-year-old Reza Karimi. It showed a passport-style photograph of a man it identified as Karimi, saying he was born in the nearby city of Kashan, Iran. The report also aired what appeared to be an Interpol “red notice” seeking his arrest. The arrest notice was not immediately accessible on Interpol’s public-facing database. Interpol, based in Lyon, France, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The TV report said “necessary actions” are underway to bring Karimi back to Iran through legal channels, without elaborating. The supposed Interpol “red notice” listed his foreign travel history as including Ethiopia, Kenya, the Netherlands, Qatar, Romania, Turkey, Uganda and the United Arab Emirates. The report did not elaborate how Karimi would have gotten access to one of the most secure facilities in the Islamic Republic. However, it did for the first time show authorities acknowledging an explosion struck the Natanz facility. There was a “limited explosion of a small part of the electricity-feeding path to the centrifuges’ hall,” the TV report said. "The explosion happened because of the function of explosive materials and there was no cyberattack.” Initial reports in Israeli media, which maintain close relations to its military and intelligence services, blamed a cyberattack for the damage. The Iranian state TV report also said there were images that corroborated the account of an explosion rather than cyberattack offered by security services, but it did not broadcast those pictures. The report also showed centrifuges in a hall, as well as what appeared to be caution tape at the Natanz facility. In one shot, a TV reporter interviewed an unnamed technician, who was shown from behind — likely a safety measure as Iranian nuclear scientists have been assassinated in suspected Israeli-orchestrated attacks in the past. “The sound that you are hearing is the sound of operating machines that are fortunately undamaged," he said, the high-pitched whine of the centrifuges heard in the background. "Many of the centrifuge chains that faced defects are now under control. Part of the work that had been disrupted will be back on track with the round-the-clock efforts of my colleagues.” In Vienna, negotiations continued over the deal Saturday with another meeting of diplomats from Iran and the five powers that remain in the deal. They told expert-level working groups on sanctions-lifting and nuclear issues “to continue their activities on Saturday afternoon, Sunday and next week” to make further progress, Russian representative Mikhail Ulyanov tweeted. Enrique Mora, the European Union official who chaired the talks, tweeted that “progress has been made in a far from easy task. We need now more detailed work.” The 2015 accord, which former President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew the U.S. from in 2018, prevented Iran from stockpiling enough high-enriched uranium to be able to pursue a nuclear weapon if it chose in exchange for the lifting of economic sanctions. Iran insists its nuclear program is peaceful, though the West and the IAEA say Tehran had an organized military nuclear program up until the end of 2003. An annual U.S. intelligence report released Tuesday maintained the longtime American assessment that Iran isn’t currently trying to build a nuclear bomb. Iran previously had said it could use uranium enriched up to 60% for nuclear-powered ships. However, the Islamic Republic currently has no such ships in its navy. The attack at Natanz was initially described only as a blackout in its electrical grid — but later Iranian officials began calling it an attack. One Iranian official referred to “several thousand centrifuges damaged and destroyed” in a state TV interview. However, no other official has offered that figure and no images of the aftermath have been released. ___ Associated Press writers Jon Gambrell in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Geir Moulson in Berlin contributed to this report. Nasser Karimi, The Associated Press
A looks at five players who have been key to the Canaries success.
The Queen will lead a small group of mourners during a service at St George’s Chapel in Windsor.
They've exchanged "massive amounts of jewelry." 💍
The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery and Royal Marines were among those represented.
The monarch and the royal family have gathered for the Duke of Edinburgh’s final farewell.
Colton Underwood came out as gay during a sit-down interview with Good Morning America on Wednesday
World champion Anna Shcherbakova won the women’s free skate on Saturday to seal Russia's first-ever victory at the figure skating World Team Trophy. First after the short program, the 17-year-old Shcherbakova opened with a quadruple flip and followed with a triple flip-triple toe loop combination en route to a score of 160.58 points. Japan’s Kaori Sakamoto moved up to second place with 150.29 points after an impressive Matrix routine that included five triple jumps.
Philip’s insignia, laid out on the altar of St George’ Chapel, provided a reminder of his family links and his many roles in the nation’s life.
She was seen pulling into Windsor Castle with Prince William.
Diversity in Hollywood is “better in some ways and worse in others,” actor Alfonso Ribeiro, star of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Host of America's Funniest Home Videos told Yahoo Finance when discussing how the industry has evolved over the years.
Head coach Daniel Farke has guided the Canaries back up at the first attempt.
Lewis Hamilton edges out Sergio Pérez to take Emilia Romagna F1 GP pole
The Duke of Edinburgh passed away on April 9, at the age of 99. Today, members of the royal family members will pay their final respects to the late Duke of Edinburgh. Attendees at the Windsor Castle proceedings included Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and, notably, Prince Harry, who flew to the UK from California for the occasion.
Northwest New Brunswick continues to face high number of active COVID-19 cases this weekend. There are 141 active cases in the province, including 106 in Zone 4. The Edmundston and Haut-Madawaska areas were placed under lockdown restrictions last week. Saint-Léonard, Grand Falls, Drummond, New Denmark and Four Falls are in the orange level, while Saint-Quentin, Kedgwick and the rest of the province are under the yellow phase. Most of New Brunswick's hospitalized patients continue to receive treatment at the Edmundston Regional Hospital. The Vitalité Health Network reported 12 COVID-19 patients at that facility as of Friday, with six in intensive care. Five of the patients were on respirators. Across the province, a total of 20 people are hospitalized, including 12 in an ICU. There are 15 active cases in the Moncton region (Zone 1), 11 in the Saint John region (Zone 2), eight in the Fredericton region (Zone 3) and one in the Bathurst region (Zone 6). The Campbellton (Zone 5) and Miramichi (Zone 7) regions have no known cases. New Brunswick has confirmed 1,767 total cases, including 1,592 recoveries. There have been 33 deaths. Public Health conducted 1,382 tests on Thursday, for a total of 273,193.
He presented her with an award at Windsor Castle.
WINDSOR, England — Prince Philip’s coffin has emerged from the State Entrance of Windsor Castle as those taking part in the ceremonial procession for his funeral take their places. The coffin is being loaded on a specially adapted Land Rover, designed by Philip himself, for the eight-minute journey to St. George’s Chapel. Senior military commanders are lined up in front of the vehicle, with members of the royal family following behind. Queen Elizabeth II will ride in a state Bentley at the rear of the procession. THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. AP’s earlier story follows below. Hundreds of servicemen and servicewomen marched into place Saturday at Windsor Castle, where Prince Philip was being remembered as a man of “courage, fortitude and faith” at a funeral that salutes both his service in the Royal Navy and his support for Queen Elizabeth II over three quarters of a century. Philip, who died April 9 at the age of 99 after 73 years of marriage, will be laid to rest in the Royal Vault at Windsor Castle after a funeral service steeped in military and royal tradition — but also pared down and infused with his own personality. Coronavirus restrictions mean that instead of the 800 mourners included in the longstanding plans for his funeral, there will be only 30 inside the castle's St. George’s Chapel, including the widowed queen, her four children and her eight grandchildren. Under spring sunshine, some locals stopped outside the castle to leave flowers on Saturday, but people largely heeded requests by police and the palace not to gather because of the coronavirus pandemic. The entire procession and funeral will take place out of public view within the grounds of the castle, a 950-year-old royal residence 20 miles (30 kilometres) west of London. It will be shown live on television. Philip’s coffin was moved from the royal family’s private chapel to the castle’s Inner Hall on Saturday morning to rest until the mid-afternoon funeral procession. The coffin was draped in Philip’s personal standard, and topped with his Royal Navy cap and sword and a wreath of flowers. The funeral will reflect Philip's military ties, both as a ceremonial commander of many units and as a veteran of war. More than 700 military personnel are taking part, including army bands, Royal Marine buglers and an honour guard drawn from across the armed forces. Those marching into place included soldiers of the King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery, who were firing a gun salute, Guards regiments in scarlet tunics and bearskin hats, Highlanders in kilts and sailors in white naval hats. Philip was deeply involved in the funeral planning, and aspects of it reflect his personality, including his love of the rugged Land Rover. Philip drove several versions of the four-wheel drive vehicle for decades until he was forced to give up his license at 97 after a crash. His body will be carried to the chapel on a modified Land Rover Defender that he designed himself. The children of Philip and the queen — heir to the throne Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew and Prince Edward — will walk behind the hearse, while the 94-year-old queen will travel to the chapel in a Bentley car. Grandsons Prince William and Prince Harry will also walk behind the coffin, although not side by side. The brothers, whose relationship has been strained amid Harry’s decision to quit royal duties and move to California, will flank their cousin Peter Phillips, the son of Princess Anne. The moment is likely to stir memories of the image of William and Harry at 15 and 12, walking behind their mother Princess Diana’s coffin in 1997, accompanied by their grandfather Philip, in a London ceremony televised around the world. Armed forces bands played hymns and classical music before the funeral service, which was being preceded by a nationwide minute of silence. Inside the Gothic chapel, the setting for centuries of royal weddings and funerals, the service was to be simple and sombre. There will be no sermon, at Philip’s request, and no family eulogies or readings, in keeping with royal tradition. But Dean of Windsor David Conner will say the country has been enriched by Philip’s “unwavering loyalty to our queen, by his service to the nation and the Commonwealth, by his courage, fortitude and faith.” Philip spent almost 14 years in the Royal Navy and saw action in the Mediterranean Sea, the Indian Ocean and the Pacific during World War II. Several elements of his funeral have a maritime theme, including the hymn “Eternal Father, Strong to Save,” which is associated with seafarers and asks God: “O hear us when we cry to thee/For those in peril on the sea.” As Philip’s coffin is lowered into the Royal Vault, Royal Marine buglers will sound “Action Stations,” an alarm that alerts sailors to prepare for battle — a personal request from Philip. Former Bishop of London Richard Chartres, who knew Philip well, said the prince was a man of faith, but liked things kept succinct. “He was at home with broad church, high church and low church, but what he really liked was short church,” Chartres told the BBC. “I always remember preaching on occasions which he was principal actor that the instruction would always come down: ‘No more than four minutes.’” Along with Philip’s children and grandchildren, the 30 funeral guests include other senior royals and several of his German relatives. Philip was born a prince of Greece and Denmark and, like the queen, is related to a thicket of European royal families. Mourners have been instructed to wear masks and observe social distancing inside the chapel, and not to join in when a four-person choir sings hymns. The queen, who has spent much of the past year isolating with her husband at Windsor Castle, will sit alone. Ahead of the funeral, Buckingham Palace released a photo of the queen and Philip, smiling and relaxing on blankets in the grass in the Scottish Highlands in 2003. The palace said the casual photo was a favourite of the queen. For decades, Philip was a fixture of British life, renowned for his founding of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards youth program and for a blunt-spoken manner that at times included downright offensive remarks. He lived in his wife’s shadow, but his death has sparked a reflection about his role, and new appreciation from many in Britain. “He was a character, an absolute character,” said Jenny Jeeves as she looked at the floral tributes in Windsor. “He was fun, he was funny. Yes, he made quite a few gaffes, but it depends which way you took it really. Just a wonderful husband, father, and grandfather, and a good example to all of us, really.” ___ Jill Lawless reported from London. ___ Follow AP’s full coverage of the death of Prince Philip at https://apnews.com/hub/prince-philip Danica Kirka And Jill Lawless, The Associated Press
A war of words erupted after a report claimed that PM Modi didn’t respond to Uddhav Thackeray over oxygen supply.
The Duke’s royal ceremonial funeral on Saturday 17 April will be a striking departure from those of the Queen Mother, Princess Diana and royalty before them, says Victoria Murphy