Jamie Dornan was poisoned by a toxic caterpillar.
‘The Tourist’ actor, 41, was rushed to hospital during a golfing break in Portugal and is said to have been “very lucky” to come out of the ordeal alive.
His radio presenter friend Gordon Smart, who was also taken sick on the trip, said he thought they were both having a “heart attack”.
Gordon was quoted by the Daily Star Sunday saying: “We were having a great time, first day loads of golf, went out, loads of wine was drunk.
“Then I started to feel tingling in my left hand, and then tingling in my left arm, which is a sign of a heart attack.”
Gordon was rushed to hospital where he also saw Jamie being raced into the Emergency Room, and admitted: “It was a pretty scary time.”
The former tabloid reporter recovered and went back to their holiday home, where he found Jamie “with all this stuff attached to his chest”.
But medics told the star brushing up against poisonous hairy caterpillars on the golf course could have been to blame, and said other golfers had nearly died.
Jamie, who has three children with his composer wife Amelia Warner, 41, told Gordon on a show about the incident: “Dear me Gordon, about 20 mins after you left my left arm went numb, left leg went numb, my right leg went numb and I found myself in the back of an ambulance.”
Gordon added: “Good news is it wasn’t a hangover... it was a poisonous toxic caterpillar.”