Thanks to impeccable styling, Kerry Washington’s character Olivia Pope has become a style icon herself. She cleans up behind dirty politicians while rocking all white, and her hair and makeup are the very definition of polish. As Gladiators around the globe tune in to the series finale of Scandal, it’s only right that we zoom in on Pope’s scandalous smoky eye.
Watch the video above to see how New York City-based makeup artist and aesthetician Lakeisha Dale recreated Pope’s signature smoky eye makeup. Don’t blink or you’ll miss the nontraditional eye pencil shade she uses to brighten up eyes!
- Apply NARS Velvet Shadow Stick in Siros (bronze hue) across lids and press in with fingertips.
- Brush MAC Eye Shadow in Tempting (lustrous cocoa) on top, blending the shades.
- Add MAC Eye Shadow in Folie (rich cinnamon) in the crease for depth.
- Blend MAC Eye Shadow in Brown into outer corners to enhance smoky effect.
- Draw L’Oréal Infallible Silkissime Eyeliner in Black along the top lids.
- Trace Sephora Contour Eye Pencil 12HR Wear in Cocoa inside the waterline. The contrast with the black on top helps to make eyes appear even brighter.
- Use a smudge brush to diffuse the brown eye pencil along lower lash line.
- Coat top and bottom lashes with Almay One Coat Multi-Benefit Waterproof Mascara.
- Fill in brows where needed for a natural, groomed shape. Dale’s tool of choice: MAC Cosmetics Eye Brows in Spiked. Use a spoolie brush to blend color.
Hair details: Mizani platform artist and educator Reece prepped blow-dried hair with Thermasmooth Style & Style Again. Next, she spritzed Lived-In Finishing Spray through the mid-shaft and ends of hair before curling with a 1-inch flat iron, working in the direction away from face to enhance volume. Reece brushed out the curls and set the style with HD Shyne to smooth flyaways.
Read more from Yahoo Lifestyle:
- The time-saving trick to use if you want Mandy Moore’s retro-glam curls
- We like that: Get Normani Kordei of Fifth Harmony’s glossy glow
- Aluminum foil is the secret to getting this ‘Dirty Dancing’ beauty look