The latest episode of The Greg Cote Show podcast, out now, comes at you like a battering ram, with a special guest who needs but a one word introduction, one syllable, even:
As the Miami Dolphins celebrate the 50th anniversary of the club’s 1972 Perfect Season, we bring you Larry Csonka, the powerhouse fullback whom Don Shula called the “heart and soul” of those glory days back to back championship teams.
Zonk has a new book out Tuesday called, “Head On: A Memoir,” and we’re honored to have him on the discuss the book, those halcyon days of 17-0, and his exciting, adventurous life after retirement.
You needn’t be a Dolphins fan or even a football fan and you needn’t have even been alive to have watched Zonk play to enjoy Greg’s revealing, intimate conversation with a Pro Football Hall of Famer and Miami icon.
This is our 42nd pod of 2022 and 133rd overall and we welcome you back as always.
Also in the new episode:
▪ Greg and Chris dive into the ongoing controversy over Tua Tagovailoa’s concussion Thursday night and whether he should even have been playing after also getting knocked out of the Sunday game four days earlier.
▪ Chris offers a Cesta Cyclones update and Greg, in another edition of “Pop ‘n G,” asks his 4-year-old granddaughter Gracelin to describe jai-alai.
▪ A Jumpin’ Charlie update following the 6-month-old puppy’s surgery.
▪ Greg on feeling lucky to have avoided Hurricane Ian but feeling for others not so lucky -- including a dear friend in Fort Myers Beach whose home was obliterated.
▪ On “I Love You, You Hate Me,” an upcoming two-part Peacock docuseries on Barney, the beloved (but not to everybody) children’s TV character.
▪ A new Dad joke of the week that even Yeti likes.
▪ And a Greg’s Lobos update!
Hear all of this and more in our latest podcast! A new episode drops every Monday morning at 7 on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and wherever else you pod, including of course at miamiherald.com. Find the entire GCS catalog with all 133 episodes HERE. (The show also simulcasts on Sirius XM radio Mondays from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.).
Our podcast debuted in March 2020, just before the pandemic hit. (Sorry, don’t blame us). We thank you all, our pod family, for your great and growing support. Please continue to listen, rate, review, follow, then unfollow and follow again and so on. It isn’t cheating, and it helps us a bunch. Tell your friends, too!
We now have a teaser video out each week on the Miami Herald YouTube channel to preview the latest episode. Check it out.
Also visit thegregcoteshow.com and click “Shop” for our merch store. We have brand new Greg’s Lobos T-shirts, hats and other stuff on sale beginning this week along with GCS logo, Nellie’s Diner, Greg “Floating Head” and other popular stuff. ShoppinIt. Also check out our podcast’s new YouTube channel.