Fort Worth police investigate 6 shootings hours apart Monday night and Tuesday morning

·2 min read

Fort Worth police are investigating six separate shootings Monday night and early Tuesday morning that left at least three people injured.

The first shooting occurred around 9:40 p.m. near the intersection of South Hulen Street and West Risinger Road, police said. Officers were dispatched to the area after receiving multiple calls of shots fired.

Upon arriving at the scene, officers found one person suffering from a gunshot wound. The victim was taken to a nearby hospital with what were believed to be non-life-threatening injuries, police said. A MedStar spokesperson said the man who was shot was in critical condition.

Around 11:20 p.m., police were called to 3500 S. Riverside Drive on a report of shots fired. Responding officers didn’t find a gunshot victim at the scene or nearby hospitals, but said they found shell casings in the area.

Early Tuesday morning, around 2 a.m., East Division officers responded to a shooting call in the 7000 block of John T White Road. With the help of the Fort Worth Fire Department and MedStar, a gunshot victim was taken to a local hospital. A MedStar spokesperson said the victim was in serious condition.

Shortly after 2 a.m., police responded to another call in the 3100 block of Wesleyan Drive South. A male victim was found inside a nearby home and taken to a hospital for treatment, police said. No suspects were in custody.

Police received a call about shots fired in the 1000 block of Landwoods Court shortly after 3 a.m. An Uber driver told officers that he was shot at, but no one was injured and no property was damaged, police said.

About 5 a.m., police were called to the 100 block of North Judkins Street, where there were shots fired but no one was hit.

In addition to those six shootings, detectives also are investigating a homicide that occurred earlier Monday night in which a man was shot to death in south Fort Worth, authorities said. The victim, whose name and age authorities had not released late Monday, was fired upon about 8:45 p.m. at Savage Drive and Oak Grove Road, police said. They did not announce an arrest in the killing.

Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting