That’s 79 fewer patients than Saturday’s report from 258 hospitals. In Sunday’s report, COVID-19 patients occupied 4.16% of inpatient beds in those hospitals, compared with 4.27% in the previous day’s reporting hospitals.
The percentage number is based on 257 hospitals reporting 2,348 inpatient beds in use for COVID-19 patients and 56,489 total inpatient beds.
Of the people hospitalized in Florida, 593 people were in intensive care units, a decrease of 18 from the previous day’s report. That represents 9.58% of the ICU beds at the 257 hospitals reporting data, compared to 9.77% of those reporting Saturday.
This number is based on 257 hospitals reporting 593 ICU beds in use for COVID-19 patients and 6,192 total ICU beds.
Sunday’s Miami-Dade County report said there were 228 COVID patients in the county’s hospitals on Saturday, a decrease of 27 from the previous day’s report. Of the 22 new COVID patients, 16 (72.7%) had not been vaccinated. Intensive care patients numbered 63, an increase of one from the previous day.
FLORIDA COVID VACCINE RATES
About 12,747,667 eligible Floridians — 59.4% of the state’s population — had completed the two-dose series of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or have completed Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. That’s an increase of 25,758 over Friday’s report from the CDC (the CDC didn’t update its case, death or vaccination numbers on Saturday).
VACCINATIONS IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND MANATEE COUNTY
Here’s how many people have been fully vaccinated in South Florida, according to the CDC.
▪ In Miami-Dade County, about 2,042,652 people, or 75.2% of the county’s total population, are fully vaccinated.
▪ In Broward County, about 1,233,763 people are fully vaccinated, or 63.2% of the county’s population.
▪ In Palm Beach County, about 895,183 people are fully vaccinated, or 59.8% of the county’s population.
▪ In Monroe County, about 51,752 people are fully vaccinated, or 69.7% of the county’s population.
▪ In Manatee County, about 222,942 people are fully vaccinated, or 55.3% of the county’s population.