Florida on Monday reported to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 2,714 COVID-19 cases and 158 deaths, according to Miami Herald calculations of CDC data.
In all, Florida has recorded at least 3,702,338 confirmed COVID cases and 61,789 deaths.
Of the deaths added Monday, about 57% occurred over the past 28 days and about 38% in the last two weeks, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.
In the past seven days, the state has added 36 deaths and 1,793 cases per day, on average, according to Herald calculations of CDC data.
FLORIDA COVID VACCINE RATES
About 13,307,158 eligible Floridians — 62% of the state’s population — have completed the two-dose series of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines or have completed Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
VACCINATIONS IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND MANATEE COUNTY
Here’s how many people have been fully vaccinated in South Florida and Manatee County, according to the CDC.
▪ In Miami-Dade County, about 2,135,927 people, or 79% of the county’s total population, are fully vaccinated.
▪ In Broward County, about 1,286,603 people are fully vaccinated, or 66% of the county’s population.
▪ In Palm Beach County, about 928,521 people are fully vaccinated, or 62% of the county’s population.
▪ In Monroe County, about 54,421 people are fully vaccinated, or 73% of the county’s population.
▪ In Manatee County, about 233,505 people are fully vaccinated, or 58% of the county’s population.
COVID-19 hospitalizations in Florida
There were 1,298 people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida, according to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Monday report. This data is reported from 252 Florida hospitals. That is six more people than in Sunday’s report, when 259 hospitals reported.
COVID-19 patients take up 2.32% of all inpatient beds in the latest report’s hospitals, compared to 2.28% in the previous day’s reporting hospitals.
Of the people hospitalized in Florida, 265 were in intensive care unit beds, a decrease of 12. That represents about 4.71% of the state’s ICU hospital beds.
The Miami-Dade County report no longer includes hospitalization information.
Broward County’s Monday report said there were 101 COVID patients in the county’s hospitals, a decrease of eight from the previous day’s report.
Miami Herald staff writer Carli Teproff contributed to this report.