Firefighters carry woman from burning Tri-Cities home, but could not save her life
One person has died after a mobile home fire in Finley Saturday night, according to Benton County Fire District 1.
A woman was found unresponsive inside the house and died before she could be taken to a hospital.
Firefighters saw smoke and flames coming from the mobile home when they arrived about 10:20 p.m. at the house at 221108 E. Bryson Brown Road about two miles east of Kennewick, Wash., city limits.
They were delayed when they had to use bolt cutters to open a gate to reach the home.
They found the woman inside during an initial check of the house and carried her outside as other crew members started putting out the fire.
Medics worked to save her life for more than 30 minutes but were unable to revive her, according to the fire district.
Neither her age nor her name had been made public Sunday morning.
Investigators found a faulty fan in the kitchen that the fire district said was the likely cause of the fire. They could not determine if the mobile home had working smoke detectors.
The house was destroyed.
The fire district has turned the fire scene over to the Benton County Sheriff’s Office.