Raptors forward O.G. Anunoby discusses his health, guarding and scoring on DeMar DeRozan, Scottie Barnes' fourth quarter and more.
- Feel, a little different, having your whole rotation up there, Fred there. I don't think you and [INAUDIBLE] tried to play together since before you got hurt.
OG ANUNOBY: Yeah, it's a little while. It's definitely good to have everyone back, everyone healthy, everyone feeling good.
- When you look at what you guys have to offer with the addition of [INAUDIBLE] and you guys healthy now, what's your assessment?
OG ANUNOBY: I think we're a really talented team, a really good team. We can play small. We'll be able to play big with Precious. We have a bunch of different pieces, Will now. We're really a good team, I think.
- How much of, when you're guarding DeMar, how much of the work comes before he touches the ball?
OG ANUNOBY: Yeah, try to limit his touches, limit his catches, make his catches harder. And then force him into difficult shots. We did a pretty good job today, but usually-- he's a great player, so.
- I mean, I don't think he gave you the pump fake too often. But is that something you're--
OG ANUNOBY: Yeah.
- Yeah. Everyone knows about that one. How much does the familiarity with him, being around him help guard him?
OG ANUNOBY: Definitely helps. But still, in the game, you don't know what they're going to call and then he makes tough shots all the time. He's a great player.
- What do you look to attack when he's defending you?
OG ANUNOBY: Pardon?
- What do you look to attack when DeMar's defending you?
OG ANUNOBY: Just try to get into the paint, make the right play. Feel good.
- Does it feel like you're getting back into rhythm after missing so much time?
OG ANUNOBY: Yeah, definitely. Feeling better and better each game. So just trying to continue and build.
- It often takes young guys a few years to really get good at defense in this league. Precious kind of came into the league, was good right away. What do you think makes him so good so quickly on defense?
OG ANUNOBY: Oh, just he's really versatile. He can play inside. He can protect the rim. He can guard it, move his feet on the perimeter. He can guard anyone. So he's a great defender.
- Yeah, when you look at his size and just the way he can move his feet at that size, how rare is that in this league?
OG ANUNOBY: I think it's really rare. But he's super talented. I think he won Defensive Player of The Year. He's a great defender. So he could do amazing things.
- How much different when you compare this game to the two over the weekend? Not so much the scoring, but how much different does the ball movement feel when Fred is out there, versus when he's not?
OG ANUNOBY: Definitely makes a big difference, having Fred out there. Definitely helps our team. There's just a steady presence. You know he's gonna get us in the right stuff, and yeah, it's nice having him back.
- Does it feel like it gets to the second or third side a bit more often with that, or?
OG ANUNOBY: Oh yeah, I think so. I mean, I think it was doing that before as well. Scottie was doing a good job too. I think both of them are great, so.
- Nick called Scottie's fourth quarter inspirational, especially on the defensive end. How much do those blocks in particular get guys going?
OG ANUNOBY: Oh yeah, he was amazing today. He was everywhere making blocks, getting the rebound, pushing, passing, finishing. He was doing everything well. He's a great player.
- Can you talk about what Juancho is like as a teammate and in the locker room? It seems like he brought a lot of joy and energy.
OG ANUNOBY: Oh Yeah Juancho's great. We all love Juancho. Juancho's a great guy. He's super funny, super cool. Just a great guy.
- Thanks, everybody.