Andy Behrens gets a head start on Week 10 with these fantasy additions.
Andy Behrens gets a head start on Week 10 with these fantasy additions.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are setting off for two nights on the train to visit communities and salute healthcare workers and teachers
Naughty Dog has a new co-president, and it’s the creative director behind some of its most popular titles. The company has announced that Neil Druckmann, who led the development for The Last of Us franchise as well as for Uncharted 4, has been promoted to co-president. Since Druckmann is leaving his old position, the company has also promoted Alison Mori and Christian Gyrling to serve as co-vice presidents.
NASHVILLE — The Tennessee Titans have suspended top draft pick Isaiah Wilson for Sunday's game for violating club rules after already declaring the rookie out against the Cleveland Browns.The Titans announced the move Saturday while elevating linebacker Tuzar Skipper as a COVID-19 replacement and offensive lineman Marshall Newhouse from the practice squad for the game. Both will revert back after the game.Tennessee didn't specify what Wilson did in placing him on the reserve-suspended list. The No. 29 pick overall out of Georgia made his season debut last week, playing three offensive snaps and one on special teams even with the Titans having a pair of tackles on injured reserve.Wilson has had two stints on the reserve/COVID-19 list, the first at the beginning of training camp.He had only been off the reserve/COVID-19 list 12 days in August before Tennessee State University police responded to the smell of marijuana at an off-campus apartment on Aug. 15 and wrote that the player went to the second-floor balcony where he appeared to briefly consider jumping.The rookie was arrested in September and charged with drunken driving after he was spotted doing “donuts” in an intersection before crashing into a concrete wall.Wilson was added to the injury report Thursday with an illness that kept him from practicing Thursday or Friday.___More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFLThe Associated Press
A Dallas family physician said he and his staff are not wearing masks in his clinic during the COVID-19 pandemic, despite Gov. Kate Brown's order.
As COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths continue to rise, states are halting reopening plans or imposing new coronavirus-related restrictions.
Two people have been arrested in Perth, Ont., after a dispute in a local bar Friday night over whether they had to wear a mask, Ontario Provincial Police say.Police officers had to fire a stun gun during the arrest, which occurred outside a bar on Foster Street at around 10:30 p.m.The bar owner had asked police for help removing "two to three" people who were reportedly not wearing COVID-19 masks, according to an email from OPP spokesperson Bill Dickson.While one person left voluntarily, others had to be escorted out.Became 'assaultive'Once outside, some of the people involved in the dispute refused to leave and became "assaultive," according to a media release from the Lanark OPP detachment.The stun gun was fired once during the arrests, Dickson said, and two men were charged with public intoxication.Neither the men arrested nor the OPP officers were injured, he added."Business owners may request that patrons leave their premises and can request police assistance if patrons fail to do so under the Trespass to Property Act," Lanark OPP said in their release.Perth is located within the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, which is currently in the green level on the province's colour-coded COVID-19 response scale.
Biden has the electors to be president; Trump pressures Kemp to get the state legislature to flip Georgia ahead of rally – politics updates.
It takes some row from a 17-year-old to spark Reddit threads, tweets from Matthew Pinsent and audible gasps from commentators.
Eddie Jones wary of France and loses Mako Vunipola for England's final * 2023 World Cup hosts impress England coach in long term * Genge promoted from bench for Autumn Nations Cup climax
Mellissa Carone was sentenced to one year on probation in September 2019 after sending her then-boyfriend’s ex wife videos of them having sex
After the worst start in school history, Penn State is starting to play like the Nittany Lions of old. Sean Clifford threw a 29-yard touchdown and Penn State's defense set up three scores with stops or takeaways on Saturday in a 23-7 victory over Rutgers that gave the program its 900th win. Penn State (2-5, 2-5 Big Ten) dominated both sides of the ball, outgained Rutgers 381-204 and held the Scarlet Knights to a season-low for points.
They filed into the stadiums for the first time in nine months, clutching treasured match tickets and with their masks partially hiding the glee on their faces. What once might have been taken for granted — going to watch their teams play in the English Premier League — felt like a huge privilege Saturday for the fortunate 4,000 given the honour of being the first soccer supporters to be allowed into games in England’s top division since the outbreak of the coronavirus in March. The fans — 2,000 from West Ham, 2,000 from Chelsea — had contrasting experiences on opposite sides of London. West Ham imploded at its Olympic Stadium, squandering a 1-0 halftime lead against Manchester United as substitutes Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford inspired the visitors to a 3-1 win. Chelsea’s players treated their select group of attending fans to a comeback of their own at Stamford Bridge. The hosts rebounded from conceding a fourth-minute goal from former player Patrick Bamford to beat Leeds 3-1 thanks to goals from Olivier Giroud, Kurt Zouma and Christian Pulisic. England is the first of the major soccer nations to allow some supporters back into games during COVID-19's second wave now that its national lockdown has ended. Only half of the Premier League’s stadiums are allowed to welcome back a limited number of fans. Teams from the cities and towns under the toughest coronavirus restrictions must still shut out their supporters. For that reason, Manchester City played in an empty stadium for its 2-0 win over Fulham and Burnley’s Turf Moor also had no spectators for the team’s 1-1 draw with Everton. SUPER SUBS Carrying minor injuries amid a packed schedule of games, Fernandes and Rashford were left out of the starting lineup by United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who hoped he wouldn’t have to call upon two of his star players. On they came for the second half, however, after United was given the runaround in the first 45 minutes by a West Ham team that should have been further ahead than 1-0. Tomas Soucek scored that goal in the 38th. Fernandes and Rashford changed the game. Fernandes played a key part in goals scored by Paul Pogba — a curling shot from the edge of the area — and Mason Greenwood in the space of three minutes. Rashford then ran onto Juan Mata’s through-ball and chipped the goalkeeper for the third goal in the 78th. United came from two goals down to beat Southampton last weekend and has won all five of its away games so far. GIROUD’S GOAL SPREE What a week it has been for Giroud. After scoring all of Chelsea’s goals in a 4-0 win at Sevilla in the Champions League, the France striker was handed a first start in the Premier League this season and grabbed the equalizer against Leeds to cancel out Bamford’s opener on the counterattack. Zouma headed in a corner from Mason Mount, before Pulisic slid in to convert a cross from Timo Werner and complete Chelsea’s comeback in stoppage time. The match saw respective managers Frank Lampard, of Chelsea, and Marcelo Bielsa, of Leeds, meet for the first time in the Premier League. The pair clashed two seasons ago in the second-tier Championship after Bielsa admitted to spying on a training session of Derby, the team managed at the time by Lampard. CITY CREEPING UP Perhaps it was only a matter of time, but Manchester City is moving ominously into view in the early stage of the title race. The routine win over Fulham — secured by an early strike by Raheem Sterling and a penalty from Kevin De Bruyne — lifted City into striking distance of the top of the standings after a slow start to the season by Pep Guardiola’s team. City is four points behind Chelsea having played one game fewer. Guardiola’s team selections continue to be a source of interest as he seeks to keep his big squad on its toes. Sterling made a strong return after being a substitute in the last two games, while Aymeric Laporte — supposedly a mainstay in central defence — missed out for the fourth straight game. Meanwhile, Guardiola didn’t make a single substitution, at a time when he is pushing the Premier League to increase the number of replacements from three to five for player-welfare reasons. CALVERT-LEWIN KEEPS GOING Dominic Calvert-Lewin is not slowing up this season. It’s now 11 goals in 11 games for the Everton striker after scoring the equalizer in a 1-1 draw at Burnley. He is the top scorer in the league, with two more than the next player in the scoring list — Tottenham’s Son Heung-min. Robbie Brady scored a third-minute opener for Burnley, which has just one win in 10 games so far and stayed in the bottom three. ___ More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports ___ Steve Douglas is at https://twitter.com/sdouglas80 Steve Douglas, The Associated Press
In a joint statement following their call, Mr Johnson and Mrs von der Leyen acknowledged ‘significant differences’ remained.
Barcelona suffered their fourth defeat in 10 LaLiga games this season as an error at the back allowed Alvaro Negredo to seal a shock 2-1 win for Cadiz. Ronald Koeman's men had banked on a fortunate own goal to haul themselves level after Alvaro Gimenez bundled the buoyant home side into an eighth-minute lead. Having already sunk Real Madrid on their return to the top-flight, the hosts started with confidence against their seventh-placed opponents.
MONTREAL — The anniversary of the attack that cut short the lives of 14 women at Ecole Polytechnique has become a day to reflect and call for action to end gender-based violence, but this year those moments will largely take place alone rather than in groups.Most of the traditional events, including wreath-layings, speeches and a ceremony to project beams of light into the sky from the Mount Royal lookout, will proceed either virtually or without crowds in what one survivor of the shooting says is sure to be a "difficult" year."There’s a lot of human warmth in my life surrounding Dec. 6, a lot of emotions linked to those gatherings, and this year it's a lot cooler," said Nathalie Provost, who was shot four times when a gunman stormed Ecole Polytechnique in 1989.Fourteen women, many of them engineering students, were killed and more than a dozen people were injured in an attack motivated by the gunman's hatred towards women.Provost, spokeswoman for gun control group PolySeSouvient, said the efforts to remember the event have gone on, even though health regulations mean people can't congregate in-person.Earlier this week, a $30,000 scholarship known as the Order of the White Rose was presented to Cree student Brielle Chanae Thorsen, who Provost describes as an "amazing young woman" and engineering student.And on Sunday at noon, Provost will join a panel of speakers at a park named in honour of the women for a commemoration that will be broadcast online. But Provost fears participation may be lower this year, noting people are tired of staring at screens."Gatherings are important for mourning and for commemoration, and now we’re trying to do them virtually, and my impression is that it’s much harder to achieve," she said.This diminished participation may come at a time when advocates say the issue of gender-based violence is more urgent than ever.Elisabeth Fluet-Asselin, a spokeswoman for the Quebec Women's Federation, said the pandemic has led to increased demand for women's shelter space, difficulty in accessing services, and mental health struggles brought on by isolation. She said some groups are particularly affected, including Indigenous women, members of the LGBTQ community, women with disabilities and those in prison.In addition to a Sunday ceremony at a Montreal park, the federation has organized a number of virtual events as part of its 12 days of action, including podcasts, videos, panel discussions, and art and poetry events -- all designed to highlight and denounce the systemic nature of gender-based violence. "Violence against women is not just physical, domestic, or sexual, there are lots of other kinds and we can’t forget them, especially in the current context," Fluet-Asselin said in an interview.Provost, for her part, worries about a rise in online abuse spread on social media, which she said can lead to real, violent consequences.Over the years, Provost said her own emotions surrounding what happened to her during the massacre tend to ebb and flow. This year, she mostly feels tired, and frustrated at the slow pace of change when it comes to gun control.Provost said she was encouraged by a previously announced federal plan to ban some 1,500 types of assault-style firearms. But she said there's still much she'd like to see, including a ban on handguns, stronger tools for police to intervene in so-called "red flag" situations, and action to address the guns currently in circulation.Eventually, she hopes to turn the page on the shooting, and let the anniversary become a day of quiet remembrance. Instead, she says the opposite seems to be happening as victims of shootings in Toronto, Quebec City and Nova Scotia add their voices to those calling for change."We don’t need any more commemorations," she said. "We don’t want to create new ones. We want it to stop."This report by The Canadian Press was first published Dec. 5, 2020Morgan Lowrie, The Canadian Press
As COVID-19 cases rise and hospital capacity continues to drop, both the Southern California and San Joaquin Valley regions have been issued a new stay-at-home order, which will take effect Sunday at 11:59 p.m. As reported by the Los Angeles Times, the order was put into place because the intensive care unit capacity in both […]
Fred Sasakamoose was intent on telling his story. The Indigenous hockey pioneer didn't realize he was running out of time. Sasakamoose, who was remembered as a survivor, trailblazer and community leader at his funeral Saturday, died of complications from COVID-19 on Nov. 24 in Prince Albert, Sask., at age 86. He suited up for 11 NHL games with the Chicago Blackhawks during the 1953-54 season, becoming one of the first Indigenous players in what was then a six-team league. Sasakamoose was working on his book "Call Me Indian" — set to be released in the spring — right up until the end. "He went in the hospital Nov. 20 ... on Nov. 19 we did the final edit," Neil Sasakamoose, Fred's son, told mourners inside the arena that bears his father's name in Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation, north of Saskatoon. "That's the best story we have of him." One of 11 children, Fred Sasakamoose was forcibly taken from his community in central Saskatchewan to a residential school as a boy. Sasakamoose told a Truth and Reconciliation Commission hearing in 2012 that he had been sexually abused by other students, and recalled being whipped and having coal oil poured over his head. Sasakamoose also encountered a reverend intent on making him into a successful hockey player. He would eventually spend three seasons with the Moose Jaw Canucks of the Western Canadian Junior Hockey League before joining Chicago. And when Sasakamoose's playing career came to an end, he returned to the Ahtahkakoop Cree Nation. Sasakamoose became a band councillor and chief, and worked to develop minor hockey and other sports programs across the province. Federation of Sovereign Indigenous Nations Chief Bobby Cameron recalled Sasakamoose delivering food to his family when he was seven years old. "Everyone of has that memory, that good memory that has connected us to this mighty fine man," Cameron said. "Words can't do him justice for the life he lived, the memories he made, and the experiences he had for 86 years. "He was a mighty fine man." Due to novel coronavirus protocols, a maximum of 30 people were allowed to pay their respects in person at the Fred Sasakamoose Community Arena for the service that was also streamed online. Sasakamoose was named to the Order of Canada in 2017, and given an honorary doctorate of law by the University of Saskatchewan earlier this year. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Assembly of First Nations National Chief Perry Bellegarde and NHL commissioner Gary Bettman paid tribute to Sasakamoose with prerecorded remarks. "Every generation, there are people who fight for what is right, who break down barriers, and who pave the way for others," Trudeau said. "Fred Sasakamoose was one of those people. "After he survived the residential school system, after he made history as one of the first Indigenous players in the NHL, he returned home to give back. Fred didn't just share his love of the game with young people, he believed in them and worked hard to support them." Neil Sasakamoose ended his eulogy by asking everyone to take precautions with the virus that claimed his father. "Keep safe, wear your mask, don't worry about the negative stuff," he said. "We have to respect this virus. We have to take it seriously. It's not long until it will be gone, but we have to be careful. "It can hurt people, this virus. It hurt my dad." This report by The Canadian Press was first published Dec. 5, 2020. The Canadian Press
After 8 p.m., the snow should start to fade away and the storm system should move out by midnight.
Olivier Giroud, Kurt Zouma and Christian Pulisic struck for the Blues after Patrick Bamford’s early opener.
The Voyager 1 and 2 probes have detected a new kind of cosmic ray electron burst emanating from the Sun, decades after they started their missions.