Dutch Fork High School capped off its regular season with another region championship Friday.
Running back Jarvis Green had five touchdowns as the Silver Foxes defeated Lexington 49-3 to clinch the Region 5-5A title. The victory extends Dutch Fork’s unbeaten streak to 58 games.
Green finished with 133 yards rushing and went over the 1,000-yard mark on the season. He also caught two passes for 51 yards.
Quarterback Davin Patterson was 14-of-16 passing for 236 yards and two touchdowns.. Receiver Antonio Williams had a season-high 10 catches for 169 yards. He is just seven yards shy of 1,000 yards on the season.
Dutch Fork broke the game open by scoring three times in a five-minute span in the second quarter to take a 35-3 lead into halftime. They held Lexington to 116 yards of offense.
The Silver Foxes are off next week and will begin the playoffs at home on Nov. 6. Dutch Fork, which is ranked nationally in three different polls, is going for its sixth consecutive state championship.
Lexington will host Chapin next week for No. 2 in the region and a home first-round playoff game.
▪ Westwood 42, Irmo 37: Westwood rallied from a 34-14 second-half deficit to knock off Irmo and move into a three-way tie in Region 4-4A. Camren Brown hit Noah Jennings for the go-ahead touchdown with 16 seconds left. Westwood, Irmo and A.C. Flora are all 3-1 in region play heading into the final game of the season. Brown had three TD passes and one rushing score. Jennings had two TD catches. Irmo running back Erick Tucker had four touchdowns.
▪ A.C. Flora 53, Lugoff-Elgin 17: Markel Townsend rushed for 160 yards and four touchdowns as the Falcons kept their chances at a region title alive. Quarterback Phillips Daniels threw for 223 yards and three touchdowns, two to Adonis McDaniel, who finished with six catches for 181 yards. A.C. Flora, Westwood and Irmo are in a three-way tie for Region 4-4A championship with one game left. If all three teams win next week, Flora wins the tiebreaker and will be the No. 1 seed in the region.
▪ Richland Northeast 19, Dreher 10. Quarterback Will Wilson ran for two touchdowns as the Cavaliers stayed alive for the postseason with a win over Dreher. RNE, Dreher and Lugoff-Elgin are all tied at 1-3 for the final playoff spot in Region 4-4A.
▪ Chapin 47, River Bluff 21: Jayden Bradford threw five touchdown passes, four to Zavier Short, as Chapin defeated the Gators. Chapin will play Lexington next week for the No. 2 seed in Region 5-5A.
▪ Brookland-Cayce 44, Swansea 0: Skylar King caught two touchdown passes, threw a TD pass and also ran a kickoff back for a touchdown in BC’s win. The Bearcats can win the Region 5-3A title next week against Orangeburg-Wilkinson. BC quarterback Tanner Staton threw two TD passes and ran for a score.
▪ Gilbert 21, Strom Thurmond 7: Jaden Allen-Hendrix ran for two touchdowns and Gilbert’s defense forced three turnovers in the win. Gilbert stays in a first-place tie with Brookland-Cayce and Orangeburg-Wilkinson going into the final week of the season.
▪ Ridge View 27, Rock Hill 6: Quarterback Andre Washington threw for two touchdowns and ran for one as the Blazers improved their playoff chances with a victory.
▪ Spring Valley 45, Blythewood 28: DQ Smith threw for 193 yards and three touchdowns as Spring Valley wrapped up the No. 2 seed in Region 4-5A. Keelon Holman led the Vikings with six catches for 93 yards.
▪ Newberry 20, Batesburg-Leesville 14: Newberry’s defense forced a turnover to stop a Panthers drive inside the 10-yard line for the region win and final regular-season home game for retiring coach Phil Strickland. Newberry is still alive for the region title and will travel to Gray Collegiate next week.
▪ Saluda 65, Columbia 12: Five different Tiger players ran for touchdowns in the win over the Capitals.
▪ Keenan 45, Lakewood 37: The Raiders clinched their first winning season in five years with a win in their regular-season finale.
▪ Hammond 55, Cardinal Newman 0: Dylan Richardson threw three touchdown passes and ran for one as Hammond recorded its fifth straight shutout. Michigan commit CJ Stokes had a TD run and catch and Omari Bennett returned a kickoff 90 yards for a touchdown.The Skyhawks go for an unbeaten regular season next week against Heathwood Hall.
▪ Laurens 19, White Knoll 14: Zy Todd had a go-ahead touchdown run early in the fourth quarter in Laurens’ win. Todd finished with 139 yards rushing. Landon Sharpe threw for two touchdowns for White Knoll.
▪ Camden 46, Manning 0: Grayson White threw three touchdowns as the Bulldogs won their regular-season finale and finished region play unbeaten. Jah Mayrant had a TD catch and TD run for Camden.
▪ Porter-Gaud 29, Ben Lippen 26: Freeman Barber scored the winning touchdown with 24 seconds left in Porter-Gaud’s victory.
▪ Heathwood Hall 34, Wilson Hall 20: Rondarius Porter had three touchdown runs as Heathwood won on senior night.
▪ Richard Winn 54, Jefferson Davis 18: Landon Caulder threw four touchdown passes and ran for one as the Eagles stayed unbeaten on the season.
▪ Pelion 39, Barnwell 34: On Thursday, Peyton Whitten threw a 33-yard touchdown pass to Lucas New with 1:20 left to give the Panthers their first region win. Whitten preserved the win with an interception on defense at the 20-yard line with 54 seconds left. Whitten had a big night, throwing for 231 yards and rushing for 114 with four total TDs.