The Dolphins on Thursday announced their final eight signings to complete their 16-man practice squad.
Miami added the following players: offensive linemen James Tunstall and Chasen Hines, defensive linemen Chase Winovich and Rashard Lawrence, tight end Nick Bowers, running back Darrynton Evans, safety Joshua Kalu and wide receiver Raleigh Webb.
Here is what to know about the Dolphins’ new additions.
▪ OT James Tunstall: Tunstall, 23, originally signed with the Dolphins in May as an undrafted free agent. He spent training camp with the team and was waived on Monday.
▪ OL Chasen Hines: Hines, 23, was waived by the New England Patriots on Tuesday. A sixth-round pick of the Patriots in 2022, Hines spent the majority of his rookie season on injured reserve. He played all 111 offensive snaps at left guard in the preseason.
▪ DE Chase Winovich: Winovich, 28, was released by the Houston Texans on Tuesday. A third-round pick of the New England Patriots in 2019, Winovich has appeared in 53 games (11 starts) with the Patriots and Browns, recording 105 tackles and 12 sacks.
▪ DT Rashard Lawrence: Lawrence, 25, was waived by the Arizona Cardinals on Tuesday. A fourth-round pick of Arizona in 2020, Lawrence has appeared in 25 games (13 starts), recording 30 tackles and one forced fumble.
▪ TE Nick Bowers: Bowers, 27, was waived by the Cincinnati Bengals on Tuesday. He originally signed with the Las Vegas Raiders as an undrafted free agent in 2020, appearing in two games in 2021. He spent the 2022 season on Cincinnati’s practice squad.
▪ RB Darrynton Evans: Evans, 25, was waived by the Buffalo Bills on Tuesday. A third-round pick of the Tennessee Titans in 2020, he has appeared in 12 games, rushing 30 times for 125 yards. He has also caught five passes for 71 yards and one touchdown. Evans spent the 2022 season with the Chicago Bears.
▪ S Joshua Kalu: Kalu, 28, was released by the Washington Commanders on Monday. He originally signed with the Titans as an undrafted free agent in 2018, appearing in 44 games (five starts) over four seasons. Kalu recorded 68 tackles, five pass breakups and one interception.
▪ WR Raleigh Webb: Webb, 25, was waived by the Patriots on Tuesday. He signed with the Ravens as an undrafted free agent in 2022 and appeared in two games in Baltimore, including against Miami in Week 2 last season. New England signed Webb to its 53-man roster in October and he appeared in 10 games; he didn’t catch a pass but contributed on special teams.
What to know about the NFL practice squad
▪ Teams can add up to 16 players on the practice squad.
▪ All players with zero accrued seasons and those with fewer than nine regular-season games in their lone accrued season are eligible for the practice squad. Teams can also sign up to 10 players with two or fewer accrued seasons and up to six players with unlimited accrued seasons on the practice squad.
▪ A practice-squad player can sign to another team’s 53-man roster throughout the league year but cannot sign to another team’s practice squad.
▪ Each week, a team can elevate a maximum of two players from the practice squad to the game day roster. Any practice squad player can be elevated a total of three times before having to join the 53-man roster. If the player is elevated again, they must be placed on waivers before being re-signed.
Dolphins’ 16-man practice squad
▪ CB Ethan Bonner
▪ TE Nick Bowers
▪ DE Randy Charlton
▪ TE Tanner Conner
▪ Darrynton Evans
▪ LB Cameron Goode
▪ DT Da’Shawn Hand
▪ OL Chasen Hines
▪ LB Alexander Johnson
▪ S Joshua Kalu
▪ DT Rashard Lawrence
▪ WR Braylon Sanders
▪ OT James Tunstall
▪ OL Alama Uluave
▪ WR Raleigh Webb
▪ DE Chase Winovich