This probably isn’t the way Colorado practices its punt returns, but the Buffs will certainly take it.
Early in its game Saturday at home against Texas State, CU’s Isaiah Oliver was back deep to receive a punt. He caught the ball cleanly before the Bobcats swarmed him. Somehow, Oliver was able to break about four tackles before fumbling the ball. Luckily, his teammate, Laviska Shenault Jr., was there to scoop up the loose ball.
Here’s what Shenault did from there:
Shenault, a true freshman receiver, was Johnny on the spot and showed off impressive speed by breaking off a 55-yard score.
The touchdown, Shenault’s first, gave the Buffs an early 7-0 lead. Colorado went on to win 37-3.
– – – – – – –
More college football coverage from Yahoo Sports:
• Tim Tebow ignores sign criticizing his baseball career
• Ref calmly recovers from announcing error
• Fake punt secures victory for Army over Buffalo
• Report supports testimony on Paterno, Sandusky
• Reigning Heisman winner Lamar Jackson is still extremely good
• Vandals paint statue outside BYU’s stadium