Chloë Sevigny is pregnant with her first child at 45, TMZ reports. The actress, who is reportedly five months along, and her boyfriend, Sinisa Mackovic, have been a couple for over a year.
Chloë Sevigny is pregnant with her first child at 45, TMZ reports. The actress, who is reportedly five months along, and her boyfriend, Sinisa Mackovic, have been a couple for over a year.
ConocoPhillips has completed its acquisition of Concho Resources following approval by shareholders of both companies.
PHOENIX — The pro-Trump mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol last week aimed to “capture and assassinate elected officials,” federal prosecutors said in court documents. The remarks came in a motion prosecutors filed late Thursday in the case against Jacob Chansley, the Arizona man who took part in the insurrection while sporting face paint, no shirt and a furry hat with horns. Prosecutors say that after Chansley climbed up to the dais where Vice-President Mike Pence had been presiding moments earlier, Chansley wrote a threatening note to Pence that said: “It’s only a matter of time, justice is coming.” Pence and other congressional leaders had been ushered out of the chamber by the Secret Service and U.S. Capitol Police before the rioters stormed into the room. “Strong evidence, including Chansley’s own words and actions at the Capitol, supports that the intent of the Capitol rioters was to capture and assassinate elected officials in the United States Government,” prosecutors wrote in their memo urging the judge to keep Chansley behind bars. Gerald Williams, Chansley’s attorney, didn’t return a phone call and email Friday morning seeking comment. A detention hearing is scheduled in his case for later Friday. The FBI has been investigating whether any of the rioters had plots to kidnap members of Congress and hold them hostage, focusing particularly on the men seen carrying plastic zip tie handcuffs and pepper spray. Prosecutors raised a similar prospect on Friday in the case of a former Air Force officer who they alleged carried plastic zip-tie handcuffs because he intended “to take hostages.” But so far, the Justice Department has not publicly released any specific evidence on the plots or explained how the rioters planned to carry them out. Chansley, who calls himself the “QAnon Shaman” and has long been a fixture at Trump rallies, surrendered to the FBI field office in Phoenix on Saturday. News photos show him at the riot shirtless, with his face painted and wearing a fur hat with horns, carrying a U.S. flag attached to a wooden pole topped with a spear. Chansley told investigators he came to the Capitol “at the request of the president that all ‘patriots’ come to D.C. on January 6, 2021.” An indictment unsealed Tuesday in Washington him with civil disorder, obstruction of an official proceeding, disorderly conduct in a restricted building, and demonstrating in a Capitol building. Alanna Durkin Richer And Jacques Billeaud, The Associated Press
Andrew Harris is back for another year with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. The veteran running back signed a one-year contract extension with his hometown team Friday. But the 33-year-old Winnipeg native was more than willing to commit to a longer deal. "I would've signed a five-year (extension) to be honest with you," Harris said with a chuckle during a videoconference with reporters. "I don't know if you could see a 39-year-old running back. "For me, I'm taking it year by year, I've always been that way. You're always one hit away from this being over so you have to take it play by play, day by day and year by year. For me, it's nothing different there." Financial details weren't divulged but many CFL players have re-signed for less money with the league having not operated in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Harris said the extension was never about money. "Everyone is feeling the effects on the financial side," he said. "We all have to kind of adapt to that. "For me, it was a seamless conversation, an easy conversation with Kyle (Bombers' GM Kyle Walters). We both kind of understood each other and where we're at. It wasn't too difficult to get to where we are today." Harris will return for a fifth season with Winnipeg. He has led the CFL in rushing the past three years. He was named the game MVP and most valuable Canadian in Winnipeg's Grey Cup win over Hamilton in 2019. During the 2019 season, Harris passed Ben Cahoon to become the CFL's career leader in yards from scrimmage by a Canadian. He also moved past Normie Kwong as the Canadian career rushing leader. A five-time CFL all-star, Harris also was named the league's most outstanding Canadian in 2017. REDBLACKS SIGN FOUR The Ottawa Redblacks have signed Canadian linebacker Brad Cowan and defensive back Dagogo Maxwell and American defensive backs Brandin Dandridge and Marcus Roberson. Cowan was Ottawa's sixth-round pick in the CFL draft. He played university football at Wilfrid Laurier in Waterloo, Ont. Maxwell was Calgary's fifth-round pick in 2018 out of UBC. He had six special-teams tackles with Calgary in 2019 before signing with Ottawa. Dandridge had 12 defensive tackles and four pass breakups in four games in 2019 with Ottawa. Roberson had 20 defensive tackles in 11 games for Toronto in 2018, his last action in the CFL. TICATS RE-SIGN DARIUS CIRACO The Hamilton Tiger-Cats re-signed Canadian offensive lineman Darius Ciraco on Friday. Contract details weren't divulged. Ciraco, 24, has started 34 career regular-season games since being selected in the first round, No. 6 overall, by Hamilton in the 2018 CFL draft. The six-foot-four, 292-pound native of Burlington, Ont., has also participated in four playoff games with the Ticats. Ciraco played collegiately at Calgary (2014-17). This report by The Canadian Press was first published Jan. 15, 2021. The Canadian Press
The "Educational Services - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The "The U.S. Health Coaching Market" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Kolkata (West Bengal) [India], January 15 (ANI): Trinamool Congress MP Satabdi Roy, who had raised her grievances against the party through a Facebook post, on Friday said she was in TMC and will remain in the party and was not going to Delhi on Saturday.
WASHINGTON — With a nod to Israel's increasingly normalized relations with the Arab world, the Pentagon is reorganizing its global command structure to include the Jewish state in the military sphere managed by the head of U.S. Central Command. The shift, from U.S. European Command to the command that overseas U.S. military relations and operations across the Middle East, was announced Friday. The Wall Street Journal, which was first to report the change, said it was ordered by President Donald Trump. It does not portend changes in the basing of U.S. forces in the Middle East or Europe. Israel for decades had been in the sphere of European Command because of the hostile nature of its relations with many Arab countries, a condition that was viewed as making it difficult for Central Command to do business with both Israel and the Arab world. Central Command's area of responsibility stretches across the Middle East to Central Asia, including the Persian Gulf region as well as Afghanistan and Pakistan. In its announcement, the Pentagon said the change to what it calls its Unified Command Plan reflects the easing of tensions between Israel and some Arab countries. It said the Abraham Accords of last year, which have normalized Israel's relation with Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates, Morocco and Sudan, “provided a strategic opportunity” for the United States to “align key partners against shared threats in the Middle East" — an apparent reference to creating a more united front against Iran. “Israel is a leading strategic partner for the United States, and this will open up additional opportunities for co-operation with our U.S. Central Command partners while maintaining strong co-operation between Israel and our European allies,” the Pentagon said. Robert Burns, The Associated Press
The number of daily coronavirus cases has rise above 50,000 for the first time in five days, despite hopes that the outbreak is slowing in parts of the UK. It is the first time daily infections have topped 50,000 since Sunday, and brings the total number of confirmed cases in the UK to 3,316,019. Earlier on Friday, the Government’s Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies said the UK’s coronavirus reproduction rate — the R number — had narrowed to between 1.2 and 1.3.
Government scientists put the latest reproductive number – the R rate – for the UK at 1.2 to 1.3.
The stock's decline follows the tech company's preliminary fourth-quarter results, which included revenue that was below analysts' average forecast. Fluent said its fourth-quarter revenue is estimated to be between $81 million and $82 million. "This was a year that tested us all in many ways, and the diversification of our marketplace, the resilience of our platform and the resolve of our team, collectively enabled these results," said Fluent CEO Ryan Schulke.
High above on a limestone ridge overlooking Jerusalem’s Old City, mourners said goodbye to Sheldon Adelson, the mogul who turned Las Vegas Sands into the world’s largest casino company. His wife Miriam and other family members laid Adelson’s coffin to rest on Friday. Adelson was a self-made man from a poor Jewish immigrant family in Boston. He built lavish gambling palaces in Las Vegas, Macau and Singapore that made him into one of the world’s richest men with a net worth of $34 billion. He used some of that wealth in the world of politics, where he bankrolled Republicans including President Donald Trump. He was also a big donor to Jewish causes. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who was present when Adelson’s body arrived at the airport, praised him as a “huge Jewish patriot.” Adelson saw one of his long-cherished goals realized in 2017 when Trump recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital – a move that infuriated Palestinians and placed the U.S. at odds with most of the rest of the world. Sheldon Adelson was 87.
Here are the best tech deals we found this week, including $30 off Apple's iPad, $10 off the Xbox Series X wireless controller and $10 off Nintendo's Ring Fit Adventure.
Democrats are now calling on formal investigations, citing an unusual uptick in visitors sporting MAGA gear the day before the attempted coup.
CLEVELAND — Joel Bitonio's long playoff wait with the Browns is over. The Pro Bowl left guard has was activated from the COVID-19 list Friday after missing last week’s wild-card win over Pittsburgh. Cleveland’s longest tenured player, Bitonio had to isolate at home and missed his first career post-season game — and the Browns' first since the 2002 season. It was a devastating development for Bitiono, who had endured so much losing with the Browns before this turnaround season. But he’ll get his long-awaited chance to play in the post-season this week. The Browns, who stunned the Steelers in the wild-card round, face the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday in the AFC divisional round. Bitonio was one of several Browns players and coaches to be sidelined over the past three weeks with the coronavirus. Bitonio's return is a huge boost for Cleveland's solid offensive line, which has had to adjust numerous times over the past few weeks because of injuries and COVID-19. Last week, Michael Dunn, who barely played all season, started in Bitonio's spot and played exceptionally before suffering a season-ending calf injury. He was replaced by Blake Hance, who had just been signed off the New York Jets' practice squad and first met Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield in the locker room before the game at Heinz Field. Another worry this week for the Browns is All-Pro right tackle Jack Conklin. He's missed the past two days of practice with a hamstring injury sustained early in the win over Pittsburgh. The Browns have slowly been getting key pieces back this week. On Wednesday, coach Kevin Stefanski returned in person to the team after also missing last week's game with COVID-19. He prepared the team virtually for the Steelers but then watched the win over the Steelers from his basement at home. Top cornerback Denzel Ward and cornerback Kevin Johnson both were activated from the COVID-19 list, and they're needed more than ever against Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes and his arsenal of offensive threats. ___ More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL Tom Withers, The Associated Press
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Jan. 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Novo Resources Corp. (“Novo” or the “Company”) (TSX: NVO & NVO.WT; OTCQX: NSRPF) is pleased to provide an update from the Malmsbury project (the “Project”) pursuant to its planned joint venture with ASX-listed GBM Resources Limited (“GBM”) (ASX: GBZ) (please see the Company’s news releases dated March 30, 2020, April 6, 2020, and September 24, 2020 for further details). GBM recently announced initial exploration results from the Project which are available here. The historical resource estimate disclosed in GBM’s news release of January 15, 2021 (the “Malmsbury Historical Estimate”) is stated to have been reported in accordance with the 2012 edition of the Australasian Code for Reporting of Exploration Results, Minerals Resources and Ore Reserves (2012 JORC Code), which is consistent with sections 1.2 and 1.3 of NI 43-101. For the key assumptions, parameters, and methods used to prepare the Malmsbury Historical Estimate, please refer to GBM’s news releases dated January 15, 2021 and January 19, 2009 and accompanying resource statement which are available here. These are the most updated estimates and data available regarding the Project and, as such, no work needs to be done at this point in time to upgrade or verify the Malmsbury Historical Estimate. Novo is unaware of the existence of any technical report (as defined in NI 43-101) prepared in connection with the technical information contained in the GBM news releases referred to above. A qualified person has not done sufficient work to classify the Malmsbury Historical Estimate as current mineral resources or mineral reserves. Novo is not treating the Malmsbury Historical Estimate as current mineral resources or mineral reserves.The Company expects to formally initiate its joint venture with GBM once certain conditions precedent are satisfied in Q1 2021. In the meantime, exploration efforts by both GBM and Novo personnel continue unhindered.“We are delighted to be working closely with the technically savvy GBM exploration team at Malmsbury,” commented Quinton Hennigh, Chairman and President of Novo. “Early stage work is already resulting in very encouraging results that support our thesis that Malmsbury hosts a high-grade epizonal orogenic gold system like that at Fosterville approximately 58 km to the north. Recent rock chip sampling is not only turning up high-grade gold assays in vein material but importantly, in disseminated form in mineralized host rocks, a characteristic of the high-grade Fosterville lodes. Although early days, we anticipate working with GBM to ramp up the level of exploration at this very exciting project.”Dr. Quinton Hennigh (P.Geo.) is the qualified person pursuant to NI 43-101 responsible for, and having reviewed and approved, the technical information contained in this news release and GBM’s news release of January 15, 2021. Dr. Hennigh is President, Chairman, and a director of Novo.About Novo Resources Corp.Novo is advancing its flagship Beatons Creek gold project to production while exploring and developing its highly prospective land package covering approximately 14,000 square kilometres in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. In addition to the Company’s primary focus, Novo seeks to leverage its internal geological expertise to deliver value-accretive opportunities to its shareholders. For more information, please contact Leo Karabelas at (416) 543-3120 or e-mail email@example.comOn Behalf of the Board of Directors,Novo Resources Corp. “Quinton Hennigh”Quinton Hennigh President and ChairmanForward-looking information Some statements in this news release contain forward-looking information (within the meaning of Canadian securities legislation) including, without limitation, Novo’s thesis that Malmsbury hosts a high-grade epizonal orogenic gold system like that at Fosterville, and that all conditions precedent will be satisfied in Q1 2021. Forward-looking statements address future events and conditions and, as such, involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the statements. Such factors include, without limitation, successful exploration results, receipt of approvals from various regulatory bodies, and customary risks of the resource industry.
The 35-year-old has been in charge at Pride Park on an interim basis since November.
In the market for a quick feel-good fix? Chloe Street has the perfect pairing
The CDC has identified more than 4,000 flights where a passenger may have flown while infected with COVID. Plus, Canada counts more than 3,000.
Criminal ComplaintA Texas real estate agent who took a private jet to the Capitol last week to answer President Donald Trump’s “call” was charged Friday for participating in the violent insurrection. Jenna Ryan, a Frisco, Texas real estate broker and life coach, has been charged with knowingly entering or remaining in a restricted building without lawful authorities and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds after documenting her two-day excursion to D.C. on social media.Ryan was indignant in the days after the riot, telling Spectrum News that she “answered the call of my president” and stormed the Capitol because the election was rigged. “It’s not necessarily about taking over the Capitol, it’s about we the people own this building,” she said.According to a criminal complaint, Ryan diligently documented her participation in the mob—starting from her flight on a “small private aircraft” on Jan. 5. Peyote-Loving ‘QAnon Shaman’ Vowed to Attend Inauguration, Left Chilling Note for Pence: DocsThe next day, she posted a bathroom mirror selfie video on Facebook with the caption: “We're gonna go down and storm the capitol. They’re down there right now and that’s why we came and so that’s what we are going to do. So wish me luck.”During the riot that killed five people, including a Capitol Police officer, Ryan posted a 21-minute Facebook Live video of her in the crowd. She also took photos of herself in front of a broken window with the caption, “Window at The capital [sic]. And if the news doesn’t stop lying about us we’re going to come after their studios next...’”Read more at The Daily Beast.Got a tip? Send it to The Daily Beast hereGet our top stories in your inbox every day. Sign up now!Daily Beast Membership: Beast Inside goes deeper on the stories that matter to you. Learn more.
AM Best has affirmed the Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A+ (Superior) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Rating (Long-Term ICR) of "aa-" of Nippon Life Insurance Company (Nissay) (Japan). Concurrently, AM Best has affirmed the FSR of A- (Excellent) and the Long-Term ICR of "a-" of Nippon Life Insurance Company of America (dba Nippon Life Benefits or NLB) (West Des Moines, Iowa, USA). The outlook of these Credit Ratings (ratings) is stable.