The Metropolitan Police has said no formal investigation is needed into officers’ contact with Caroline Flack.
A watchdog found there was “no causal link” between their actions and the former Love Island presenter’s death, police said. Officers arrested her last year and she was later charged with assault.
Flack, 40, was found dead in her north London flat in what her lawyer described as a suicide.
The news comes as the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) begins a review into its decision to charge her with assaulting her boyfriend, despite him not wanting the case to proceed.
The outcome of that review is not expected to be made public.
The Met referred itself to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) after Flack’s death, which is standard procedure for when someone dies or is seriously injured and had recent contact with police.
The IOPC said an investigation is not required, and referred its findings to the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards, which has also concluded an investigation is not needed.
“A comprehensive review of the circumstances surrounding all police contact with Ms Flack following her arrest and detention has already taken place as part of the referral process,” the Met said.
“No conduct has been identified on the part of any officer.
“In line with normal processes, if any new information should come to light it will be considered and action taken as appropriate.”
Read more: Caroline Flack remembered at the Brit Awards
An inquest into her death was opened last month and is due to resume in August.
Anger at the CPS emerged after she died, while others criticised the media’s focus on her as being a potential factor in her death.
More than 850,000 people have signed a petition calling for “Caroline’s Law”, which would criminalise media intrusion that drives someone to kill themselves.
The petition was handed in to the government on Tuesday.