Ankara Aid Convoy Nears Quake-Hit Hatay Province
An aid convoy was making its way from Ankara in northern Turkey to Hatay province on Thursday, February 9, as the death toll from Monday’s devastating earth quake climbed to 14,014 in the country.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced the latest death toll in Gaziantep, according to the local news.
This footage from Twitter user @beymahmut61 shows a convoy of trucks in Akcatekir, close to the Adana border. The source, from Ankara, said the convoy was en route to Hatay.
Turkey’s disaster management agency, AFAD, said close to 25,000 search and rescue personnel were working in the aftermath of the quake.
Over 3,000 deaths had been reported by February 9 in Syria, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. Credit: @beymahmut61 via Storyful