Lisa Cloud lost the love of her life two months ago, when her son, Angus Cloud, accidentally overdosed at age 25.
In a new interview with People, Lisa remembers the heartbreaking moment she knew he was gone, and recalls the light he brought to this world, on and off the screen.
“He was so beautiful and creative,” she told the magazine, speaking from Angus's room in their Oakland, California home. “He loved his home and he loved this little, tiny room.”
Lisa then showed her interviewer Angus's wooden desk, splattered with paint and surrounded by colorful graffitied walls. “This is where my boy passed away.”
On July 31, Lisa found her son, Conor Angus Cloud Hickey, slumped over his desk, unresponsive. He often fell asleep in his chair while creating art, Lisa said, but as she walked toward him, she knew something was wrong. “I started shaking him and screaming. I pushed him hard, and he fell on the floor. I tried to resuscitate him—mouth to mouth—and I was compressing him,” she recalled, sobbing. “I was screaming for my neighbor because I didn't want to leave him and call 911, and I just kept at it until they took him away.”
“I miss him so much. He was the love of my life,” the actor's mom said.
One week prior, Angus had spread his father, Conor Hickey's ashes, with his sisters, and Lisa said all three kids were devastated and in mourning.
The Euphoria star's cause of death was determined as acute intoxication from an accidental overdose of drugs: fentanyl and benzodiazepines (antidepressants), mixed with cocaine and methamphetamine.
“It was predominantly the central nervous system depressants. It started to slow his heart and slow his breathing,” Lisa explained. “He got tired from lack of oxygen. Everything just slowed down, and eventually his heart stopped and he went to sleep. But he didn't kill himself.”
Lisa said that despite her grief, she is thankful for the love and support she’s received, not only from her loved ones, but also from Angus’s friends and fans, since his death. “He went out at his total power, his total beauty, his total influence, and the reaction that everyone has had is very moving to me. You know, he's not just an actor who overdosed. He was a beautiful soul, and that's why people miss him so much,” she said.
You Might Also Like