Watch the Game Highlights from Agua Caliente Clippers vs. Memphis Hustle, 03/01/2021
Watch the Game Highlights from Agua Caliente Clippers vs. Memphis Hustle, 03/01/2021
The royal family spends a pretty penny to fly — and does so quite often.
The UK has recorded 13 more coronavirus deaths as London’s pubs, restaurants, hairdressers, and non-essential shops reopen. It brings the UK's official death toll total to 127,100. Separate figures published by the UK’s statistics agencies show there have been 150,000 deaths registered in the UK where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.
Weinstein, 69, wore a collarless rust-colored shirt as he appeared from the Wende Correctional Facility near Buffalo by video before Erie County Court Judge Kenneth Case. Weinstein has been appealing his February 2020 conviction in Manhattan and 23-year prison sentence for sexually assaulting former production assistant Mimi Haleyi and raping former aspiring actress Jessica Mann. The California criminal case covers alleged attacks on five women from 2004 to 2013 in the Los Angeles area, announced last year.
The now-viral recipe includes a mayo-based dressing, crunchy veggies, and of course, popcorn
EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, Parasite distributor Neon has come out on top for North American rights to Ryan Gosling package The Actor, the next movie from Anomalisa director Duke Johnson. We hear the pre-buy is in the mid 7-figure range. Oscar-nominee Gosling will play actor Paul Cole who becomes stranded in 1950s Ohio after […]
Monday 12th April is the day of al-fresco reopening of hospitality in England, and it is one pub and restaurant owners and their teams around London have been cautiously but determinedly working to for months. Venues are reporting being fully booked for months, while restaurant booking platform The Fork saw a 57% increase in bookings week-on-week in the lead up, with London venues alone accounting for 44% of the bookings. The British Beer & Pub Association (BBPA) has revealed that pub operators have invested more than £285 million in supporting publicans get their gardens ready, helping pay for marquees, tepees, outdoor heaters and outdoor beer pumps and fridges.
The chief executive of Intel Corp told Reuters on Monday the company is in talks to start producing chips for car makers to alleviate a shortage that has idled automotive factories. Chief Executive Officer Pat Gelsinger said the company is talking to companies that design chips for automakers about manufacturing those chips inside Intel's factory network, with the goal of producing chips within six to nine months. Gelsinger earlier on Monday met with White House officials to discuss the semiconductor supply chain.
Philonise Floyd, George Floyd's brother, testified Monday in the murder trial of Derek Chauvin, charged in Floyd's death.
Law Offices of Howard G. Smith announces that a class action lawsuit has been filed on behalf of investors who purchased 3D Systems Corporation ("3D Systems" or the "Company") (NYSE: DDD) securities between May 6, 2020 and March 1, 2021, inclusive (the "Class Period"). 3D Systems investors have until June 8, 2021 to file a lead plaintiff motion.
"I never thought that, as a Black man, I was contributing to the pressures."
NEW YORK, April 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C., a nationally recognized stockholder rights law firm, has launched an investigation into whether the board members of Cadence Bancorporation (NYSE: CADE) breached their fiduciary duties or violated the federal securities laws in connection with the company’s acquisition by BancorpSouth Bank (NYSE: BXS). Click here to learn more and participate in the action. On April 12, 2021, Cadence announced that it had signed an agreement to be acquired by BancorpSouth in an all-stock merger. Pursuant to the merger agreement, Cadence stockholders will receive 0.70 shares of BancorpSouth common stock plus a special dividend of $1.25 for each share of Cadence common stock owned. The deal is scheduled to close in the fourth quarter of 2021. Bragar Eagel & Squire is concerned that Cadence’s board of directors oversaw an unfair process and ultimately agreed to an inadequate merger agreement. Accordingly, the firm is investigating all relevant aspects of the deal and is committed to securing the best result possible for Cadence’s stockholders. If you own shares of Cadence and are concerned about the proposed merger, or you are interested in learning more about the investigation or your legal rights and remedies, please contact Melissa Fortunato or Alexandra Raymond by email at email@example.com or telephone at (646) 860-9157, or by filling out this contact form. There is no cost or obligation to you. About Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C.:Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. is a nationally recognized law firm with offices in New York and California. The firm represents individual and institutional investors in commercial, securities, derivative, and other complex litigation in state and federal courts across the country. For more information about the firm, please visit www.bespc.com. Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee similar outcomes. Contact Information:Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C.Melissa Fortunato, Esq.Alexandra Raymond, Esq.firstname.lastname@example.org
Leni Klum covers Glamour Germany's 20th anniversary issue two decades after mom Heidi Klum was the magazine's first-ever cover model
Chipmaker Nvidia Corp said on Monday total revenue from its first quarter would be above its earlier forecast $5.3 billion. "While our fiscal 2022 first quarter is not yet complete, Q1 total revenue is tracking above the $5.30 billion outlook," Chief Financial Officer Colette Kress said in a statement. Earlier on Monday, Nvidia said it was planning to make a server processor chip based on technology from Arm Ltd, putting it in the most direct competition yet with rival Intel Corp .
In a year when many restaurants saw hard times and some closed their doors, Shivani Dhamija's small Indian takeout eatery in Halifax's Seaport Farmers' Market was among the casualties of COVID-19. "It was a very hard time for me. And it was a very rough decision, especially because the restaurant was my baby. I had invested my time, my money, and my dedication to it," she said. Dhamija closed the restaurant in August 2020 after two years in business. But that wasn't the end of the story for the business she calls Shivani's Kitchen. Dhamija already had a side line of spice blends and ready-made kitchen sauces that she sold through 13 local stores in the Halifax area. With the restaurant closed, she poured her efforts into those products, which all use recipes passed down from her grandmother to her mother. Karl Thomas, the operations manager at Shivani's Kitchen, stirs a large pot of onions as the kitchen produces a vegan sauce. (Shaina Luck/CBC) She opened a new production plant for the spices and sauces in Newport Station, just outside Windsor, N.S. Located inside a former school, the facility called the Station Food Hub has a commercial kitchen available for rent to small food businesses like Dhamija's. "It was a very different thing. A restaurant is a completely different industry," she said. "It was a lot of learning and a lot of investment; I'm still learning." She is now selling at approximately 150 grocery stores and specialty food stores across the Maritimes, and even sells through a couple of locations in Maine. "Our current plan is, by the end of the year, we want to get into Ontario, Quebec, and the northern part of the United States. That's our first focus," she said. In the long-term, she hopes to sell products throughout North America. Equipment expansion Dhamija recently applied for, and won, a $10,000 prize from CUA bank in a business competition. The prize will help purchase equipment like a freezer and a spice-filling machine so her team can increase production and export for their products. "I think Shivani's Kitchen is a great example of what's actually been happening in our province and with small businesses in the past year," said Marie Mullally, president and CEO of CUA. Workers packaging spice mixes by hand in Shivani's Kitchen.(Shaina Luck/CBC) Mullally said the prize was given after the judges were impressed by the innovation of the business, but Shivani's Kitchen is far from the only restaurant she's seen that is working on new ideas. "We've seen restaurants who are pivoting to sell take-home meals, groceries, they're adapting their space to create other dining experiences while still maintaining the safety measures that are so critical to all of us," she said. Although 2020 was tough, Dhamija has realized a lot about the direction she wants to take her business and the kind of work-life balance she's striving for. "I would never start a restaurant again," she laughs. "I want my weekends off." MORE TOP STORIES
Carl Soderberg will be making his second stint with the Colorado Avalanche, adding depth to an offensive juggernaut.
From Clorox to Shark, here are the cleaning essentials you need now.
KINGSTOWN, St. Vincent — La Soufriere volcano fired an enormous amount of ash and hot gas early Monday in the biggest explosive eruption yet since volcanic activity began on the eastern Caribbean island of St. Vincent late last week, with officials worried about the lives of those who have refused to evacuate. Experts called it a “huge explosion” that generated pyroclastic flows down the volcano’s south and southwest flanks. “It’s destroying everything in its path,” Erouscilla Joseph, director of the University of the West Indies’ Seismic Research Center, told The Associated Press. “Anybody who would have not heeded the evacuation, they need to get out immediately.” There were no immediate reports of injuries or death, but government officials were scrambling to respond to the latest eruption, which was even bigger than the first eruption that occurred Friday morning. Roughly 16,000 people who live in communities close to the volcano had been evacuated under government orders on Thursday, but an unknown number have remained behind and refused to move. Richard Robertson, with the seismic research centre, told local station NBC Radio that the volcano's old and new dome have been destroyed and that a new crater has been created. He said that the pyroclastic flows would have razed everything in their way. “Anything that was there, man, animal, anything...they are gone,” he said. “And it’s a terrible thing to say it.” Joseph said the latest explosion is equivalent to the one that occurred in 1902 and killed some 1,600. The volcano last erupted in 1979. Ash from the ongoing explosions has fallen on Barbados and other nearby islands. One government minister who toured the island’s northeast region on Sunday said he saw an estimated two or three dozen people still remaining in the community of Sandy Bay alone, prompting Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves to urge people to leave. “It is over time for you to leave,” he said. “It is dangerous.” The ongoing volcanic activity has threatened water and food supplies, with the government forced to drill for fresh water and distribute it via trucks. “We cannot put tarpaulin over a river,” said Garth Saunders, minister of the island’s water and sewer authority, referring to the impossibility of trying to protect current water sources from ongoing falling ash. He told NBC Radio that officials also are trying to set up water distribution points. Meanwhile, Gonsalves said government officials are meeting Monday afternoon to talk about difficulties with food supplies. Deputy Prime Minister Montgomery Daniel told the radio station that the damage was extensive in the island’s northeast region, which he toured on Sunday. Forests and farms were wiped out, with coconut, breadfruit, mango and soursop trees destroyed, as well as plantain and banana crops. “What I saw was indeed terrible,” he said. Cots, tents, water tanks and other basic supplies were flooding into St. Vincent as nearby nations rushed to help those affected by the eruptions. At least four empty cruise ships floated nearby, waiting to take evacuees to other islands who have agreed to temporarily receive them, including Antigua and Grenada. Gonsalves, however, said he expects his administration might call off the cruise ships since the vast majority of people seem to be staying in St. Vincent for now. The only people evacuated from St. Vincent via cruise ship are 136 farm workers who are part of a seasonal agricultural program and had been stranded on the island. The group was supposed to fly to Canada, but their flight was cancelled as a result of Friday's explosion. They arrived Saturday in St. Lucia and will board a flight to Canada from there. Gonsalves told NBC Radio on Sunday that his government will do everything possible to help those forced to abandon their homes in ash-filled communities. “It’s a huge operation that is facing us,” he said. “It’s going to be costly, but I don’t want us to penny pinch...this is going to be a long haul.” Gonsalves said it could take four months for life to go back to normal in St. Vincent, part of an island chain of that includes the Grenadines. The majority of the 100,000 inhabitants live in St. Vincent. Among them is Ranique Chewitt, a 32-year-old salesman who lives in South Rivers, located southeast of the volcano. He hasn't had to evacuate, but said he is worried about his health and water supply and hasn't left home since the first eruption on Friday morning: “I do get shortness of breath from dust, and I am inside.” The pandemic also is complicating response efforts. At least 14 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported since the eruptions began on Friday, and all those going to shelters are being tested. Those who test positive are taken to isolation centres. More than 3,700 people are in 84 government shelters. The eastern Caribbean has 19 live volcanoes, 17 of those located on 11 islands. The remaining two are located underwater near Grenada, including one called Kick ’Em Jenny that has been active in recent years. The most active volcano of all is Soufriere Hills in Montserrat, which has erupted continuously since 1995, destroying the capital of Plymouth and killing at least 19 people in 1997. ___ Coto reported from San Juan, Puerto Rico Kristin Deane And DáNica Coto, The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES — A federal judge approved a partial deal between players on the women's national team and the U.S. Soccer Federation over unequal working conditions. U.S. District Judge R. Gary Klausner approved the Dec. 1 settlement during a hearing Monday. The deal calls for charter flights, hotel accommodations, venue selection and professional staff support equitable to that of the men’s national team. Players sued the USSF in March 2019, contending they have not been paid equitably under their collective bargaining agreement that runs through December 2021, compared to what the men’s team receives under its agreement that expired in December 2018. The women asked for more than $66 million in damages under the Equal Pay Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Klausner dismissed the pay claim last May, ruling the women rejected a pay-to-play structure similar to the one in the men’s agreement and accepted greater base salaries and benefits than the men, who failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup. “We are pleased that the court has approved the equal working conditions that the USWNT players have fought for many years to achieve,” players spokeswoman Molly Levinson said in a statement. “Finally, giving these athletes access to facilities, training, care and professional support is the next step needed in the long and hard work to grow the game of women’s football.” Klausner's approval of the settlement allows the players to ask the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals to overturn his decision on unequal pay. “We intend to appeal the court’s equal pay decision, which does not account for the fact that women players have been paid at lesser rates than men who do the same job,” Levinson said. "We are committed as ever to our work to achieve the equal pay that we legally deserve and our focus is on the future and ensuring we leave the game a better place for the next generation of women who will play for this team and our country.” The USSF said it expected an appeal and remains “hopeful” of a "resolution outside of the court system.” “U.S. Soccer is 100 per cent committed to equal pay,” the governing body said in a statement. “We have offered the USWNT the identical compensation provided to our men’s players for all matches controlled by U.S. Soccer. "Unfortunately, the USWNT has not accepted our offer or our longstanding invitation to meet to try to find a resolution unless U.S. Soccer first agrees to make up the difference between the men’s and Women’s World Cup prize money, which is determined, controlled and paid for by FIFA.” FIFA awarded $400 million in prize money for the 32 teams at the 2018 men's World Cup, including $38 million to champion France. It awarded $30 million for the 24 teams at the 2019 Women's World Cup, including $4 million to the U.S. after the Americans won their second straight title. FIFA has increased the total to $440 million for the 2022 men’s World Cup, and FIFA President Gianni Infantino has proposed FIFA double the women’s prize money to $60 million for the 2023 Women's World Cup, where FIFA has increased the teams to 32. ___ More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/hub/soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports The Associated Press
The South Korean filmmaker spoke at a Chapman University master class series and expressed his view on the role filmmakers play when it comes to tackling social issues
There’s joy in Shondaland today. Longtime producing partners Shonda Rhimes and Betsy Beers are set to receive the Distinguished Collaborator Award at the Costume Designers Guild Awards on Tuesday. The honor goes to individuals who demonstrate unwavering support of costume design and creative partnerships with costume designers. “From the record-breaking series Grey’s Anatomy to the […]